April 26, 2024, 05:37:42 AM

Author Topic: Make sure you read through "All About Mage Wars"  (Read 3971 times)

eatmyjustice

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Make sure you read through "All About Mage Wars"
« on: August 24, 2012, 09:46:30 AM »
I'm sure most of people here have done that... but I picked up Mage Wars at Gen Con after watching the DiceTower video review and was only peripherally aware of the game before Gen Con 2012.  Anyway, the reason I mention this is that I had some confusion with how the Wizards Voltaric Shield worked... and it wasn't until I posted some questions on BGG that somebody linked me to this site. The Wizard ability card and rule book do not go into the level of detail describing Voltaric Shield that the Wizard Overview does.
\"Arthur, that belt is a fashion accessory of evil, and evil is never in fashion.\" - The Tick

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Make sure you read through "All About Mage Wars"
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 10:01:05 AM »
Its near impossible to go into full detail about how everything works in a basic rule book. For example the MTG rule book is only about 20-25 pages, but the comprehensive rule are over 150 pages. This is why we offer so many resources here on my main Mage Wars page. Things like judges, play testers, and creators are all here to help.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

eatmyjustice

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Make sure you read through "All About Mage Wars"
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 10:36:06 AM »
for sure... I understand that.  I appreciate the help I've received so far and was pointing out to new players (like me) that there is more info available. :D
\"Arthur, that belt is a fashion accessory of evil, and evil is never in fashion.\" - The Tick