April 29, 2024, 01:37:53 PM

Author Topic: Players in 3city, Poland  (Read 5692 times)

Gewar

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
Players in 3city, Poland
« on: February 03, 2013, 09:11:22 AM »
Is there anyone from Gdynia in Poland or Tricity area?

EDIT:
For now there are six of us, but more is better.

I am thinking about starting organised play.
"I've seen this spell before - sold in alleys, brothels, and taverns. Men want more life. Always, they want more life."
- Rae Ashar, Wench of the Flying Dragon

krj

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Players in 3city, Poland
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 01:08:29 PM »
for sure there are three players in Kraków :D

ma?o graczy:)

Gewar

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 01:19:03 PM »
[I think, it will be polite to other forumers, if we speak english]
Three players are waaaaaay better than one :P So far, I managed to play with some friends, but noone is excited about the game and they prefer other boargames.

Maybe online deckbuilder will make somebody more interested, but so far I have no buddy to play with.
"I've seen this spell before - sold in alleys, brothels, and taverns. Men want more life. Always, they want more life."

krj

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 03:46:39 PM »
that's bad :/

my friend told me about this game. he was first who have his own Core Set and we loved the game since our first play. he borrowed me it for 2 months when he is abroad. i show the game to 2 other friends we know. both like it. i bought my own Core set, one of those probably will buy it soon. recently i've put the picture of the box on facebook after it came to me, and few other people was asking me to tell them something about the game. i'm thinking about doing some kind of presentation with demo games for people who will be interested in that game one day (probably when my friend will come in middle of February). maybe that way we can gather more players and do some small tournaments (would be lovely).

Gewar

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 04:01:04 PM »
Yeah - but I'm still trying.
I just can't belive there is noone in my boardgaming group of almost 50 people, who will enjoy Mage Wars.
I am still planing on expanding my Core Set, and maybe 4 player expansion will make this game more enjoyable for my friends.

Miyagi

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 02:44:34 PM »
Hello,
I'm from Szczecin in Poland.

We have ten players and there was a second MW tournament in last Saturday. (before, we had two small apprentice mode tournaments);
We meet every Saturday on league, also. At first, there were two players only, but after several demo in our local boardgame's shop a interest increased very much.
So, don't give up Gewar.

@Gewar, krj
We invite You to Szczecin on ours tournaments

Gewar

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 03:40:21 PM »
Quote from: "Miyagi" post=7074
Hello,
I'm from Szczecin in Poland.

We have ten players and there was a second MW tournament in last Saturday. (before, we had two small apprentice mode tournaments);
We meet every Saturday on league, also. At first, there were two players only, but after several demo in our local boardgame's shop a interest increased very much.
So, don't give up Gewar.

@Gewar, krj
We invite You to Szczecin on ours tournaments

I'll never give up on Mage Wars - even if I'll have to create my players from a scratch :P

I am aware of your activity in Szczecin - maybe someday I'll visit you, but I have niether car, nor much time, so traveling that far would be huge investment of resources.

I am demoing this game among my friends and in local club (Gda?ski Klub Fantastyki). Maybe I'll try to find some co-player and play in Rebel - that should do the trick :D

krj

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2013, 07:59:50 AM »
Thanks Miyagi, if i will be around i will take my spellbook with me ;) but Wieliczka and Szczecin are on opposite sides of Poland so i want join to your league :)

has anybody of you has access to those three extra cards from Organized Play? i would like to have Galador. i think there are 8 copies of each of these cards in one OP pack, maybe we could buy one and split it to 8 person? :)

Gewar

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2013, 11:54:13 AM »
Quote from: "krj" post=7171
has anybody of you has access to those three extra cards from Organized Play? i would like to have Galador. i think there are 8 copies of each of these cards in one OP pack, maybe we could buy one and split it to 8 person? :)

I've asked on this forum a while ago and it is confirmed that Galador (and evry other pormo card) will be avaliable in future expansions. For me t is enough for not trying some drastic and expensive method of getting it earlier.

I've recently organised boargames meeting (not only with MW) and have succesfully played with two guys and they seams to be interested in Mage Wars. I must say that Apprientice Mode is very helpful.

krj

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2013, 03:12:07 AM »
Quote from: "Gewar" post=7594
For me t is enough for not trying some drastic and expensive method of getting it earlier.

i think it costs 40zl for 8 copies of each spell (plus extras, poster etc) which means 5 zl for 3 cards. i could spend that, but of course no panic.

Quote from: "Gewar" post=7594
I've recently organised boargames meeting (not only with MW) and have succesfully played with two guys and they seams to be interested in Mage Wars. I must say that Apprientice Mode is very helpful.

That's great! i am thinking exactly about the same (use Apprientice Mode at the beggining). My friend just came back from States, so we can together do some beginners tournament :P

aby ideas if there is any shop with Forcemaster and Worlord Expansion in Poland? i wonder how much it will cost.

Gewar

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2013, 04:41:18 AM »
Quote from: "krj" post=7634

That's great! i am thinking exactly about the same (use Apprientice Mode at the beggining). My friend just came back from States, so we can together do some beginners tournament :P

I strongly recomand that. Not only rules (24HP, no special ability, half of the Arena) and spellbooks, but even guide, how to explain the game is great.

Quote from: "krj" post=7634

aby ideas if there is any shop with Forcemaster and Worlord Expansion in Poland? i wonder how much it will cost.

I've contacted isa.pl and rebel.pl a while ago, and they both said that they will have copies of the expansion and all of the other materials (new spellbooks and additional markers). I gues that expansion should cost 120-140z? (rebel will probably have slightly more expensive, but they have free shipping with orders over 200z? and lots of other accesories (mayday green sleeves) and boardgames I am interested in).

Gewar

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2013, 04:07:20 AM »
I am happy to report, there are now 6 guys interested in the game in Tricity.
For now we own two core sets, but I am sure my friends will buy more eventually.