April 29, 2024, 01:11:08 AM

Author Topic: Forcemaster vs Warlord ****SPOILERS****  (Read 37818 times)

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Forcemaster vs Warlord ****SPOILERS****
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2013, 10:32:53 AM »
Limits equipping and targeting
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

theduke850

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2013, 11:16:13 AM »
ah, yeah, rereading Steal Equipment I see it specifically refers to legally attaching equipment... makes sense. thanks

halvor

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2013, 11:30:27 AM »
Interesting, an incantation that does damage. The damage is only to conjurations but still.You could put this on a raven to cast or put it on a mage wand to cast multiple times. However, 9 mana is a ton of mana so I don't think anyone one is going to cast this more than 2-3 times a game. People call this a conjuration killer but it only is a 4 dice attack and most conjurations have armor. And since it can target the zone your are in and up to two zones, that is only attacking 3 conjurations. The way I see it, this softens the conjurations up, slam takes a majority of units out of guard and then you come in with the rest of your army.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2013, 02:31:55 PM »
Currently we have no way to get more than 1 spell on familiars.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

patrickconnor

« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2013, 10:29:27 PM »
Two more for your viewing pleasure...

[attachment=118]GoblinBuilder300px.png[/attachment]

[attachment=119]RingofCommand300px.png[/attachment]

Dre2Dee2

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2013, 10:33:46 PM »
Awesome! I'm loving all the options the warlord has  :cheer:

paradox22

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • MOKAN Mage Wars
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2013, 01:00:11 AM »
How does the goblin familiar cast conjurations when he doesnt have a mana score?  Am I missing something here?   :blink:
Si vis pacem para bellum

Gewar

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2013, 01:03:52 AM »
Quote from: "patrickconnor" post=7410
Two more for your viewing pleasure...

[attachment=118]GoblinBuilder300px.png[/attachment]

[attachment=119]RingofCommand300px.png[/attachment]

Familiar without channelling - again, nice thinking outside the box. No Harmonise for him. Full action to cast conjuration still allows you to cast one Zone Exlusive and Walls around the same Zone (goblin can make use of Extandable trait, right?).
Warlord will surelly have tought way to get some extra mana - tripple cost in spellpoints for Arcane spells (Mana Crystal, Moonglow Amulet, Harmonise). Mana Flower is Zone Exlusive, so Warlord should double think, if he prefers it over siege engine or outpost. Familiar without chaneling. His Spawnpoint is even more valuable now.
"I've seen this spell before - sold in alleys, brothels, and taverns. Men want more life. Always, they want more life."
- Rae Ashar, Wench of the Flying Dragon

DarthDadaD20

• Dark Father of Random Occurrence/TeamRocket Grunt
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2013, 01:32:30 AM »
A way to heal conjurations! I like it!
Where does my greatest enemy lie?
It has been around since the dawn of time,
it follows your loved ones as well as mine,
takes the form of a mountain as well as a flower,
it cannot be outrun by the greatest of power.
Where does my greatest enemy lie?
Within Shad0w.

Sausageman

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2013, 06:25:59 AM »
Quote from: "paradox22" post=7427
How does the goblin familiar cast conjurations when he doesnt have a mana score?  Am I missing something here?   :blink:

Does the caster not supplement the cost as he does with spawnpoints?  So in this case, pays for the whole thing  :)

halvor

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2013, 07:42:09 AM »
Gewar, familiar can't cast two spells in the same turn. They only have one action marker. So they could either cast walls or a zone exclusive. However, if you do cast a wall, you should be able to extend it.

I love that the goblin does not channel mana, it makes him nice and cheap so you can use him to repair and cast his additional spell.

Gewar

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2013, 08:17:49 AM »
Quote from: "halvor" post=7438
Gewar, familiar can't cast two spells in the same turn.

My bad - I forgot half of the sentence.
What I meant, with full action casting, Goblin can either cast or move. So if you plann to cast Zone Exlusive conjuration, you can do so only every other turn. But you could still cast Zone Exclusive conjuration in one turn and Wall in the other, without having to move.
"I've seen this spell before - sold in alleys, brothels, and taverns. Men want more life. Always, they want more life."
- Rae Ashar, Wench of the Flying Dragon

Locusshifter

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2013, 09:54:41 AM »
Man I love goblins and this one is really wonderful. I'm also digging the design of that Warlord ring, visually that is.

Koz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2013, 11:23:59 AM »
Hmmm, maybe I'm in the minority here, but I don't like the Goblin Familiar much.  He's ok, but not that great.  Yes, he's cheap, but he has way more limitations than I think I'm comfortable with.  He's very slow since he takes a full action to cast the conjurations and they have to be in his zone and he has no channeling trait.  And, as Gwar pointed out, the Warlord is going to have mana issues due to the fact that he pays triple for Arcane spells (ouch), so the extra action(s) granted by this familiar are only so useful because I have the feeling that the Warlord will be mana starved.  

Add in the fact that pretty much most conjurations that he can cast are Zone Exclusive and I think he will quickly run out of things to do.  Repair conjurations?  Blah.  Are people really wasting a lot of time and effort attacking conjurations?  It almost never happens in my games because it tends to be a HORRIBLE waste of resources.  Sure, there are some new cards in this set that MAY make it economical to attack conjurations, but most of those will smash conjurations so quickly that one point of healing isn't going to help.  

Sorry to be a downer on this one, but I don't think it's that great.  Not useless and is probably worth throwing one in a build (maybe), but not that great.  Least favorite familiar by far.

Now...can we see the Holy Mage Familiar please?  Pretty, pretty please?   :)

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2013, 11:29:30 AM »
Yes pretty pretty please!
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest