April 25, 2024, 03:10:17 PM

Author Topic: Summoning question (lore related)  (Read 4863 times)

Gewar

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
Summoning question (lore related)
« on: February 02, 2013, 03:42:28 AM »
How does summoning in Mage Wars works?
Is it real creature, summoned from somewhere else or created for fight duration only?

And, how death of creature works? Does corpse lies on the Arena or disapears - and furher, how resurection works?

And finaly - how Legendary creatures are summoned? There is allowed only one living (nod killed) legendary creature with the same name - but if it dies, you can summon this individual again.

EDIT:
Here is an official answer on related topic http://magewars.com/jsite/forum/4-rules-discussion/8524-2-epic-spells-in-arena-at-same-time#8557
"I've seen this spell before - sold in alleys, brothels, and taverns. Men want more life. Always, they want more life."
- Rae Ashar, Wench of the Flying Dragon

reddawn

• Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
Re: Summoning question (lore related)
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 02:39:13 PM »
This is an old post but I'll give an answer anyway.

At least for the legendary demons like Adramelech and Malacoda, from what I remember, are god-like beings that don't actually have much of a physical shape while they inhabit Infernia (Hell).  Through demonic pacts such as the ones the Warlocks invoke, however, the demon legends can manifest a physical avatar of themselves that represents their power and persona in order to influence Etheria. 

This also means that, for instance, if you slay an Adramelech, Lord of Fire in the arena, you are merely destroying an avatar, not the actual Adramelech.
  • Favourite Mage: Arraxian Crown Warlock

Tokata

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 04:32:43 PM »
Hardly depends on what you summon

If you summon Humans or Animals i guess they are teleported

If you summon Legends i guess Avatars of them are created as stated for demons above(otherwise it would be odd if BM Vs BM Both, one after another would summon the same animal legend)

Other creatures vary - Earth elemental will be created of the earth of the arena, while some beeings (etheral) will be just magic... others again then are summoned or created one or another way

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2013, 08:23:55 AM »
My understanding, is that all creatures you summon are avatars or the real thing.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest