May 01, 2024, 06:05:46 PM

Author Topic: My Spell Books look terrible  (Read 9118 times)

gbatt

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: My Spell Books look terrible
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2013, 12:45:08 PM »
So I received my new spellbooks yesterday and they look awesome! Thank you so much Alfiya!

The one book that had the skewing issue was because the pages were glued to the plastic spine in a VERY crooked manner, so even filling the book up with cards it is still completely crooked.

I attempted to fix it myself by pulling out the ream of pages and re-gluing it to the plastic spine straight, but I ended up completely ruining the book, which is fine because I got the replacements.

Not only did Alfiya send me new spell books but she offered to send a Mage Wars T-shirt to my son, who happens to love the game now we are both hopelessly infatuated with this game now.

How awesome is that!?

BTW, I usually hang out over at BGG but it looks like there’s a lot going on over here. I’m gonna have to spend more time here!

alex02144

• Playtester
  • New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2013, 02:44:38 PM »
Great story Gbatt!  Thanks for sharing it with everyone =)

Benwax

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2013, 05:51:36 AM »
I had problems with my spell books at first also.  The sleeves weren't stuck to the spine.  That gave me the impetus to trick out my books with leather, felt, nice beads, glass, insects in resin, etc.

Examples below !  Try it!  It's great fun to play with a SPELLBOOK with heft and leather smell!!

Ben from Minneapolis

Graydeth

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2013, 02:23:12 PM »
the spell books in my set are pretty poor which is a shame considering how well they are designed in terms of art.  i'm just guessing poor manufacturing.

the blow dryer thing didn't really help but, it's not a huge deal for me.  as long as they hold the cards, sort of help with the immersion of the game world, i'm ok with it.

another suggestion would be a slot or two on the inside covers for me to put additional cards w/ personal info on them.  i made a "wizard" card w/ my tag on it just to personalize it a little more - just spent a few minutes.  (i'm going to make it a lot better when i have more time.)

Thessial

• Vice President
  • Administrator
  • Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2013, 01:50:29 AM »
Graydeath,

I am sorry to hear about the difficulties with your spellbooks. If you will send images of the damaged books to customerservice@arcanewonders.com, we will take care you promptly.