April 27, 2024, 12:01:27 PM

Author Topic: Lorebook  (Read 6610 times)

Gewar

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
Lorebook
« on: January 31, 2013, 03:34:05 PM »
Is there any chance of publishing articles with lore of Mage Wars? Maybe short compedium every X expantions, or article once in a while, or maybe wiki lore.

I am lookoing for something more organised and in one place, like those articles on this page under "All about Mage Wars".
"I've seen this spell before - sold in alleys, brothels, and taverns. Men want more life. Always, they want more life."
- Rae Ashar, Wench of the Flying Dragon

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Lorebook
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 04:40:06 PM »
Last I heard the story bible was still begin worked on. I have been asking for more back-story sine July. I have seen a few versions of it and it has been coming along. I just can not talk about what is in it sorry  :S .
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Gewar

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 10:09:43 AM »
Thank you for response kind sir!
I am happy to hear that there will be eventualy story bible. "When?" is only minor question :)
"I've seen this spell before - sold in alleys, brothels, and taverns. Men want more life. Always, they want more life."

SeanDeCoy

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 11:13:49 AM »
What Shadow's referring too is actually our internal story bible, for our writers to use in order to come up with future storylines, etc. That won't be available online.

However, if you have questions about what kinds of information will be, or just want an update, contact Thessial on the site - he'll be in charge of putting that information up on the website, as well as running the Organized Play. He's got lots of great ideas, and I know that we're planning on getting more of the story up online soon as well!

Gewar

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 11:19:51 AM »
Ok - so I missunderstood Shad0w.
I am aware, that you guys know much more backstory than is published. And I know, I can ask for many things. I just prefer it in organised way rather than having to ask for bits of information.

Quote from: "SeanDeCoy" post=6989
I know that we're planning on getting more of the story up online soon as well!

And this is very good information :)

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 06:26:48 PM »
Quote from: "SeanDeCoy" post=6989
What Shadow's referring too is actually our internal story bible, for our writers to use in order to come up with future storylines, etc. That won't be available online.

However, if you have questions about what kinds of information will be, or just want an update, contact Thessial on the site - he'll be in charge of putting that information up on the website, as well as running the Organized Play. He's got lots of great ideas, and I know that we're planning on getting more of the story up online soon as well!

Sean is correct the story I refer to is the internal version of what is published. What I was talking about in my post was when it come time to reveal what the story team has been working on. I hope that everybody can see all the work that was put into it. I never said it would be put out has a complete document.

Thessial is a good guy and a welcome member to the forums. He has been part of the team for almost 8 months now I believe. If you have a question about the story ask and if he is able to answer he will.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Gewar

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 03:32:24 AM »
Quote from: "Shad0w" post=7001
Thessial is a good guy and a welcome member to the forums. He has been part of the team for almost 8 months now I believe. If you have a question about the story ask and if he is able to answer he will.

I have no doubt, he is a good guy.
I will ask something lore-related, but maybe I'll do it in other thread for better forum clarity :D

DarthDadaD20

• Dark Father of Random Occurrence/TeamRocket Grunt
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 03:48:22 AM »
I too am dying to hear more lore! I really want to hear as much of each of the different regions as I can, so I can start work on a campaign setting for role-playing games. That and the mage wars,there is some information but I need more. I could do so much with this information, I probably could already start, but I'm such a stickler for details, I can't bring myself to it. Also I want to see a time line! What other great empires were around? How long did the demon war last? What other great wars have taken place? I hope to see some novels soon....
Where does my greatest enemy lie?
It has been around since the dawn of time,
it follows your loved ones as well as mine,
takes the form of a mountain as well as a flower,
it cannot be outrun by the greatest of power.
Where does my greatest enemy lie?
Within Shad0w.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2015, 04:45:55 PM »
The first novel's release date has been pushed to April. Ive already preordered it. Can't wait to see it!

(I eagerly anticipate the day I know enough about the setting to be able to start/continue decent mage wars fanfics that aren't just arena battles or AU parodies of what little we do know.)
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.