April 19, 2024, 10:07:46 PM

Author Topic: Spell Schools  (Read 5736 times)

Sausageman

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Spell Schools
« on: January 29, 2013, 07:34:43 AM »
Just looking for an opinion really, but do people think we'll ever see new spell schools?  In my opinion, the ones we have now pretty well cover most bases, so there's no real need for them, but something completely different might be nice.  Magic the Gathering stuck with the five base colours for the 20 years it's been around, so are they really even needed?

Thoughts?

If you think we will see them, what dya reckon they might be?

Dre2Dee2

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Spell Schools
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 09:23:52 AM »
Well it's certainly possible... but I wouldn't expect it for quite a long while. Still feel like the current schools still got a life in em yet  :lol:

Locusshifter

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 04:20:45 PM »
I wouldn't want to see a new school too soon. Currently I feel like it would only serve to thin out the upcoming offerings. If they do introduce a new school I'm hoping it will be a larger expansion that puts it on par with the other schools immediately in terms of volume and variety.

DarthDadaD20

• Dark Father of Random Occurrence/TeamRocket Grunt
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 06:13:15 PM »
Well since mages can have more than one school, and even some a choice (wizard) I dont think a new one is needed for a long time. With all the combinations the could go on and on with new mages and the same schools.
Where does my greatest enemy lie?
It has been around since the dawn of time,
it follows your loved ones as well as mine,
takes the form of a mountain as well as a flower,
it cannot be outrun by the greatest of power.
Where does my greatest enemy lie?
Within Shad0w.

Drealin

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 12:24:34 PM »
I don't think there will ever be a new school unless every possible combination of the current schools are used up, and that could take a VERY long time.  Even then Mages with the same schools could still be different, by having different abilities, or having different downsides to other schools.
The Forcemaster pays triple for non-mind creature spells, not for any other particular school, but for a type of card.  You could have a Priestess type Mage that pays triple for Attack spells, or a Beastmaster type Mage that pays triple for Incantations.
There could be mages that pay half for 1 school and quadruple for another.

Doctor taco

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 08:39:37 PM »
Illusion or trickery. Manipulating dice rolls of your opponents. Five Mage cards come out only one can take damage. If you hit the real mage the others disapear. But all can do damage at cost to mana depending how hard it hits. I imagine Loki from the avengers.  Throw a couple of sleep spells.  Or trap cards. Something that aggravates your opponents with dinks and dunks attack. Nothing overly powerful but the the longer you play the better they have the advantage. Maybe some portal spells. Uses shades as the overall summoning creatures.

A vampiric blood Mage. It hurts its self to do bigger damage. It can absorb life force of the creatures it kills. Light and fire spells do double damage.

Maybe a silly Mage.  Something ridiculous  that no ones wants to lose too.  Summons anvil drops and sinister bunny rabbits.  Has a giant eyed siren that puts things asleep when it enters it's zone. Kill it from a distance. Something special for the guy that loves playing a Halo character with pink armor. Just to make the hard core kids that much angrier that they got killed by them.

Just some silly idea from your basic elemental schools of magic.
I love the force master  though.

Cheers....