April 27, 2024, 06:07:48 AM

Author Topic: Action markers and quick cast.  (Read 4507 times)

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Action markers and quick cast.
« on: August 22, 2012, 11:26:41 PM »
ok i had not considered this before now but this came up in one of our games.

the rulebook states, you may use your quick cast before or after any friendly action you perform.

also if your opponent has more active creatures than you do, you may choose to pass when it is your turn to take an action.

this is the situation that came up.  i am a wizard, alone faceing a priestess, archer and angel of light.  priestess has 3 ready creatures and a quickcast, i have 1 ready and a quickcast.

on my turn i choose to move one space and cast a quick spell (armor) this uses my main action marker, lets say i decline to use my quick cast.  now the priestess is the only player with ready creatures, but i still have my quickcast.  according to the rules, befause i have no actions i cannot use my quick cast.  the priestess now gets to use all 3 of her ready creatures (and her quick cast) before i have any opertunity to use my quick cast in the final quick cast phase.

is this how the rules are intended or should i get an oppertunity to use my quick cast inbetween each of the priestess actions (after her own chance to use a quick cast)
Favorite Mage: The one I am using.

Alex319

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: Action markers and quick cast.
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 09:32:56 AM »
The way you played it is correct.

Note that if you wanted to delay using your quickcast action until later in the round but did not want to wait entirely to the Final Quickcast Phase, you could have passed your action using the rule about being able to pass if your opponent has more active creatures. Of course this would also have delayed your normal action too.

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: Action markers and quick cast.
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 11:04:17 AM »
i understand i could have passed my main action.  but that main action needed to happen (high priority lol) it just seems that as long as you have a quick cast priority should still brieftly pass to you to give you an opertunity to cast your quickcast between each opposing action (after thier opertunity to quickcast)  it just feels more right that way.
Favorite Mage: The one I am using.