April 29, 2024, 02:24:13 PM

Author Topic: Giant Hedgehog  (Read 4913 times)

Azirithdorr

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Giant Hedgehog
« on: January 26, 2013, 02:09:38 PM »
Giant Hedgehog
Nature 2
Cost: 9
Range 0-0
Creature: Animal, Hedgehog
Armor: 2
Health: 6
Quick Attack: 2 Piercing +1
Damage Barrier
Beastmaster only.

Nacrolepsy: Sleep spells require at least 2 damage from a single attack to wake Giant Hedgehog. Stuns last until the end of the round instead of until end of the creature's action phase.

"At first I thought I was seeing a bramble bush waving in the wind, then, as I approached, I heard it start to hiss"  - Raynor Granger, elven ranger.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Giant Hedgehog
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 04:49:14 PM »
Why the damage barrier? Do hedgehogs have sharp poky hair like porcupines? What's the thematic justification for the narcolepsy? Unfortunately, I don't know much about hedgehogs that aren't blue.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
Re: Giant Hedgehog
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 08:20:26 PM »
Hedgehogs do indeed have spikes similar to porcupines. I'm not certain about the Narcolepsy. I believe Hedgehogs are nocturnal, so people who keep them as pets may view them as somewhat Narcoleptic since they are trying to sleep the majority of the time the owner is awake, but otherwise I'm not sure.