April 28, 2024, 07:11:07 PM

Author Topic: Competitive League Rules  (Read 3591 times)

jbnonn

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Competitive League Rules
« on: January 15, 2013, 05:13:47 AM »
Working on starting a new league, and have been looking for ideals for the rules and point system to use.  Everyone seems to have good ideals, but my biggest problem with what I have found in the forums is if both mages are still alive at the end of time. The one with the most health wins.  Which is a very good argument.  But with each mage and future mages having a different play style I think this is some what unfair.  So with that I have came up with the following rules to make the game fairer if both mage are still standing.  These are not rules I have in stone. I like to hear peoples input, on what they think. good or bad.

League Rules:
   60 minute Matches
      At the end of time, player finish the current round.
   Stanard rules apply

If Time expires and both mages are still standing, the following in done:

They are allowed two more rounds of play (no healing of mages is allowed in these rounds). At the end of those rounds, if both mages are still alive, the following point system is use to determine the winner.

Point System:
The mage with the most health receives 2 point, Other mage receives 1
.5 playing a level 4 or above spell.
1 point for every damage you give to the other mage
1 point for every heal point you do to your mage
.25 for every block or counter spell
.25 for every 5 creature lvl 1-3 you summon.
.5 If you control 5 or more zom

residualshade

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Competitive League Rules
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 01:16:16 PM »
Just like most tournament rules in other games deal with it. Declare it a tie. Your current system is too complicated and still prone to bias

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 06:17:58 PM »
Tourney rules are still being worked on
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Texan85

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • Game Free, or Die!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 02:59:59 PM »
Can I suggest something to do with the points of damage on the Mage and the amount of the 120 mana points left in the book?

Like: Player with highest final sum wins!

Player #1 score = ( player #2's Mage's Damage tokens (on mage) / player #2's Mage's staring health) + ( player #1's spell book pts remaining / player #1's total spell pts allowed)

Player #2 score = ( player #1's Mage's Damage tokens (on mage) / player #1's Mage's staring health) + ( player #2's spell book pts remaining / player #2's total spell pts allowed)

The point being that damage alone is not any Accurate representation of measure, but if player 1 has 1pt of damage left and player 2 had like 3pts left on their mage ppl would declare the player closer to loss than the loser. But then what if it took the winner in that scenario all their cards and relative spell pts to do that, but the player that has 1pt left has nearly half their cards left because they were much more efficient with their use. Kinda crappy to lose because your play style takes longer, is more efficient but would have won.
Ipsa Scentia Potestes Est

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 11:43:33 PM »
Hoping to have the test rules ready for Bashcon
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

BR3AKR

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 07:21:56 PM »
I hope so Shad0w, I'm going to have a car full there :-D.