April 29, 2024, 10:41:43 AM

Author Topic: Circle of Lightning  (Read 2411 times)

dragontalon

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Circle of Lightning
« on: January 03, 2013, 07:27:13 PM »
:) First of all kudos to Arcane Wonders for making a brilliant game. I got it for Christmas this year and my son and I have played it every day since. My question has to do with a game we played last night where I was playing the Priestess and he was playing the Wizard. He cast Circle of Lightning on one of his creatures and I went to attack it and we were unclear what to do with this spell. My take on the spell is that it is strictly a defensive spell and if I attack a creature with Circle of Lightning on it that creature gains the damage barrier. The spell line reads like this: damage barrier, lightning, 2 attack dice and effect dice, ethereal and unavoidable. Does this spell just use damage barrier with the dice attack roll and the effects added. Can you make a attack with Circle of Lightning or is it just a defensive spell. If you could help with this it would be appreciated. Thanks.

pixelgeek

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
Re: Circle of Lightning
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 10:37:49 PM »
Circle of Lightning adds a Damage Barrier to the enchanted unit.

Damage Barriers are active in Step 6 of the combat resolution.

"If the attacker made a successful melee attack on the defender, and the defender has a damage barrier, the defender may make a “free” attack with the damage barrier at this time."

So if you attacked your son's creature and it had a Circle of Lightning then after Step 4 Damage and Effects and Step 5. Additional Strikes your son would be able to attack back with a 2 Dice Electrical attack.

This can't be used as an offensive attack and is only active if the creature is hit.

Check out page 33 of the rules for more info.
  • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock
Arcane Wonders Web Guy
Problem with the forums or website?

Send me a PM

Words to live by: I commit strongly to defending my wand.   Precisely so that I don't lose it.