April 28, 2024, 12:43:00 AM

Author Topic: Fellella, Pixie Familiar - Useful to Beastmaster?  (Read 3914 times)

BR3AKR

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Fellella, Pixie Familiar - Useful to Beastmaster?
« on: January 02, 2013, 02:07:19 PM »
I think I like Fellella, I really do. I just... I just don't know if I can fit her into my beastmaster deck. Here is why I'm struggling:

On turn one, I feel like - unless I'm doing something very aggressive - my best option is to use the Lair, which pays for itself in 8 turns. In the meantime its freeing you up a full action per turn for doing things other than casting. That sets you all the way back to 4 mana, there are very few cool options at four mana so I tend to opt for a ring (2 mana).

On the second turn, we start with 11 mana (2 leftover, channel 9) and 2 on our lair. That's 13 to cast on a creature, or 11 on anything else. I can't help but to feel like casting Fellella here is dangerous, as you'd be left with only 1 mana to do anything.

Finally, on the third turn, is when I feel like you might (depending on your opponent's aggression) have a chance to cast Fellella. She will not pay for herself now for another 12 turns, and you have pretty much lost your chance for any kind of early aggression - maybe that's okay.

Has anyone else thought about this? Do you other beastmasters use Fel in your deck? If so, how has she done for you? Is she worth 2 foxes? 2 mana flowers?

Thank you for your thoughts :).

Koz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: Fellella, Pixie Familiar - Useful to Beastmaster?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 08:56:42 AM »
You can't just base your ROI off of how much mana Fellella makes.  She also gives you an extra action each turn, although it's an action that can only be used to cast Enchantments.  How much is that worth to you?  It's worth a lot to me.  

Really though, it depends on your build.  If you are going creature swarm, then the Lair is probably best.  If you are being more aggressive, then Fellella is the way to go and just skip the Lair.  Fellella is amazing because not only can she cast the obvious stuff with her like Bear's Strength and Cheetah's Speed, but she can also cast a steady supply of Nullifies, Reverse Magics, Reverse Attacks, Decoy's (and the mana from it would go to your mage) and even Jinx's on your opponent.  So good..

She's fragile though, even with her being a flyer and having an awesome defense die.  

Oh, and you should be dropping a Harmonize on either the Lair or Fellella IMO.  Lair + Harmonize takes all of your starting mana, but it's worth it to me.  Fellella + Harmonize means she can cast an Enchantment every round withou you needing to pay anything except the reveal cost.

residualshade

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Fellella, Pixie Familiar - Useful to Beastmaster?
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 11:11:45 AM »
felle is a auto include in my spellbook. i just dont throw her out until i need to start spamming enchantments. This means that i don't summon her until late game. usually she hits the board immediately after i drop my grizzly. since playing a unrevealed enchant is trivial mana wise she is more about the extra cast per turn.