April 27, 2024, 01:35:26 AM

Author Topic: Hindered and guarding  (Read 5388 times)

Mestrahd

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Hindered and guarding
« on: August 19, 2012, 07:42:24 PM »
If a unit is hindered, can it still "move" and then Guard? If a situation arose where it was more advantageous to counterstrike/protect than to strike first.

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: Hindered and guarding
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 10:55:53 PM »
i do believe if you are hindered you can move and guard as you can move and attack.  the only thing you cant do is move twice.
Favorite Mage: The one I am using.

Gigan

• Elder
  • Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 10:09:52 AM »
Klaxas is right.

If your creature is trying to move through a zone with an enemy, it must stop in that zone on its turn.  After that, the hindered creature can move out of the zone, but only one zone.  It can still move one zone and attack or guard.

Mestrahd

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 11:55:24 AM »
Oh, I was thinking Hindered was different. I was wondering more about moving zero zones and guarding while in a zone with an enemy creature. (Like if your mage was also in the same zone)

thuzl

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 10:55:55 PM »
Hindering only affects moving two zones.

Enemy creatures affect your ability to guard. Also, you do not have to move in order to guard, so you may "move" zero zones and still guard even if an enemy is currently in your zone.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2012, 06:50:48 AM »
Quote from: "thuzl" post=640
Hindering only affects moving two zones.

Enemy creatures affect your ability to guard. Also, you do not have to move in order to guard, so you may "move" zero zones and still guard even if an enemy is currently in your zone.

TJ brings up a great tactic for those of you who are thinking about playing MW on a tourney level.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage