April 27, 2024, 10:26:45 PM

Author Topic: Final Quickcast Phase and Rouse the Beast  (Read 3455 times)

Demyan

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Final Quickcast Phase and Rouse the Beast
« on: December 31, 2012, 04:19:46 PM »
Hey every1,

I have a question regarding the Final Quickcast Phase (FQcP) and the Rouse the Beast Spell (RtB):

Assume my mage summoned a nasty creature this turn and I want to surprise my opponent with the RtB Spell, so it can attack this Game Round. And to make the surprise even more tricky, I wondered if I can cast RtB in the FQcP, and then go back to the Creature Action Phase and use the creature´s action to whatever mischief it can do :)

I quote the manual (p. 13) on the FQcP:
"When all the creatures in the arena have taken their Action Phases (and are now inactive), each player has a final opportunity to use his quickcast action for the round....."

So,
1) if I cast RtB during the FQcP, the Action Phase is obviously over, but since now a Creature is active, do we go back to the Action Phase so the Creature can take its turn. And when it is done, is there a second FQcP ?

or
2) was the Spell wasted at this point, since the Action Phase IS over and there is no going back?

If case 2 is true, then the last time to play RtB would be after my last Creatures´ Action Phase, which means my opponent might have one last creature ready when I have to cast it and it would ruin the surprise a bit.

pixelgeek

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
Re: Final Quickcast Phase and Rouse the Beast
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 05:08:49 PM »
The spell would be wasted at that point since the Action Phas is over and it can no longer be activated.
  • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock
Arcane Wonders Web Guy
Problem with the forums or website?

Send me a PM

Words to live by: I commit strongly to defending my wand.   Precisely so that I don't lose it.