April 28, 2024, 05:09:11 PM

Author Topic: Mages that you would like to see in the game  (Read 316159 times)

Sausageman

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Mages that you would like to see in the game
« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2013, 07:21:38 AM »
Quote from: "jcox2820" post=6814
"I'm not playing it, there's no Necromancer." - My Roomate.

But seriously, I would love to see gender variants of the mage cards. Also, I've thought it would be cool to have official, option miniatures to use on the battlefield in the place of the mage card.

I'm not sure why they didn't make the mages double sided - with a male on one side and a female on the other.  It would have fixed a lot of issues for those that like one gender over another.

jcox2820

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 31, 2013, 12:55:39 PM »
Quote from: "Sausageman" post=6833
Quote from: "jcox2820" post=6814
"I'm not playing it, there's no Necromancer." - My Roomate.

But seriously, I would love to see gender variants of the mage cards. Also, I've thought it would be cool to have official, option miniatures to use on the battlefield in the place of the mage card.

I'm not sure why they didn't make the mages double sided - with a male on one side and a female on the other.  It would have fixed a lot of issues for those that like one gender over another.

To be fair, this game is quite cheap when you consider how many high-quality components there are. That probably would have increased their printing costs a bit.

Drealin

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 03, 2013, 10:42:37 AM »
The Alchemist:
A trickster, and master of potions.
He can make even the toughest of steel turn into soft gold, decreasing the damage of weapons, and causing equipment to have a chance of breaking when used.
Instead of making a wall, the Alchemist instead prefers the old, bucket above a door trick, only his bucket is filled with some kind of potion.  What is in the bucket is unknown when walking through the door, but after it is used it must be filled again with another potion to work again.
He also enjoys adding surprises to his, and his creatures, attacks.

Cards:

Transmute Equipment
Enchantment "Potion"
Reveal Cost: Equipment's casting cost minus 2.
Attach to an equipment card on another player, if that equipment has an attack, roll -2 dice.
Anytime you use that equipment for anything, including but not limited to, attacking, casting a spell, reducing damage or effects, or avoiding attacks, roll the Effect Die.  On a roll of 7+ destroy that equipment after use.

Mysterious Door
Conjuration "Wall, Potion"
Blocks line of sight.
You may only attach "Potion,Door" Enchantments to Mysterious Door.
You must reveal attached Enchantment when a creature walks through the door.

Slippery Gloop
Enchantment "Potion,Door"
Reveal Cost: 1
Can only target "Wall, Potion" Conjurations.
Roll Effect Die, 6+ Target is Incapacitated until the beginning of its next Action Phase, or until the end of the round, whichever comes first.

Darkfenne Drought
Enchantment "Potion, Poison"
Reveal Cost: 1
Can only target friendly Creatures.
You must, and can only, reveal this if this creature attacks and deals damage.
Roll Effect Die, 2-7 Rot, 8+ 2 Rot

Molotov Cocktail
Attack "Potion"
Zone Attack
3 Dice
Effect Die: 6+ Burn

These are just a few possible Spells, but enough to create an interesting foundation of how an Alchemist could work.

DarthDadaD20

• Dark Father of Random Occurrence/TeamRocket Grunt
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 14
    • View Profile
Blood mage
« Reply #78 on: February 06, 2013, 10:35:14 PM »
I was thinking about a blood mage. A mage with the ability to pay with his own blood. Maybe in conjunction with or completely separate from mana. Basically a mage who can willingly take damage in place of mana to cast spells. I think it is a great idea and a concept that is already established in fantasy literature. It would add even more to the risk and reward aspect to mage wars and would be quite the unpredictable mage to play against. If I can get some comments I will work it through more, I had the idea while putting my son to sleep and would love some feedback!
Where does my greatest enemy lie?
It has been around since the dawn of time,
it follows your loved ones as well as mine,
takes the form of a mountain as well as a flower,
it cannot be outrun by the greatest of power.
Within Shad0w.

DarthDadaD20

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 14
    • View Profile
Re: Blood mage
« Reply #79 on: February 07, 2013, 01:19:11 AM »
I now see another thread with the same idea....also realizing that I should of probably posted this there, but I digress.  :pinch:  My version is much different the the one that I have seen so I will leave this up, unless a Moderator would like to move/delete this post which would be just fine.
Within Shad0w.

DarthDadaD20

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 07, 2013, 01:54:36 PM »
Enchantress: Can cast enchantments without paying the mana to play them face down.Or only paying 1) Or if thats a bit overpowered, how about if she plays them face up immediately after she plays them she ignores the face down mana cost.(effectively playing enchantments like lingering incantations) Or she could get a extra card during the planing phase as long as it is an enchantment. A special enchantment casting familiar? Pre-enchanted equipment? If I would think about it longer than immediately posting my ideas I'm sure I would have something great! :P
Within Shad0w.

Drealin

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 11, 2013, 12:24:55 PM »
Quote from: "DarthDadaD20" post=7242
Enchantress: Can cast enchantments without paying the mana to play them face down.Or only paying 1) Or if thats a bit overpowered, how about if she plays them face up immediately after she plays them she ignores the face down mana cost.(effectively playing enchantments like lingering incantations) Or she could get a extra card during the planing phase as long as it is an enchantment. A special enchantment casting familiar? Pre-enchanted equipment? If I would think about it longer than immediately posting my ideas I'm sure I would have something great! :P

Fellela can cast enchantments.
Maybe she can pay the enchantment level +2 to reattach the enchantment face down instead of it being destroyed?

DarthDadaD20

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 11, 2013, 08:07:44 PM »
Thats a good idea! Or maybe an ability that she could pay mana,once per turn, shift an enchantment to a different target.(Basically a MageBound shift enchantment ability) That would make the warlock think twice before casting Finite life! I Really like the idea of an enchantress!
Within Shad0w.

Drealin

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 15, 2013, 12:32:38 PM »
What about a Mimic mage.
Once per round you can cast a spell from your opponents discard pile.
If your opponent casts a spell that you have in your spellbook, you can pull it out as another ready spell.

shapeshifter

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 18, 2013, 05:30:28 AM »
I echo the desire for an elementalist: speeding through the air, freezing targets, striking structures with lightning and fire, all while building a maze of elemental walls.

I would also like to see an enchantress with mind and nature training, who can charm, daze and stun enemies with compelling beauty and luring illusionary traps.

Dre2Dee2

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 21, 2013, 01:49:07 PM »
We DEFINITELY need an Assassin - Traps, poisons, and teleports  ;)

A Silencer would be really cool to - just lots of magic reversing and spell absorbing  :)

MrSaucy

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 23, 2013, 12:18:43 AM »
Crusader: specializes in Holy and War spells; Dark spells cost triple. Wouldn't be an all out offensive or defensive mage but more of a healthy mix.

Dark Woodsman (stupid name, but just roll with the idea): specializes in Nature and Dark spells. You could summon things like undead animals and hideous creatures with effects like Tanglevine.

Druid: specializes in Nature and Arcane spells.
"See you space cowboy..."

MrSaucy

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 23, 2013, 12:30:58 AM »
Correct me if I am wrong, but in the case that every Mage masters in two things, there are C(10,2) possibilities of Mages. That is (10!)/(2!8!), which is a whopping 45 Mages total! Granted, not all combinations could be cool, but that is a lot to choose from! There are so many different combinations it is exciting!

(btw I am getting the 10 from the fact that there are 6 major schools (Arcane, Holy, Nature, Dark, Mind, War) plus 4 elements (Fire, Water, Air, Earth) )

baronzaltor

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 23, 2013, 12:35:03 AM »
Quote from: "MrSaucy" post=7879
Correct me if I am wrong, but in the case that every Mage masters in two things, there are C(10,2) possibilities of Mages. That is (10!)/(2!8!), which is a whopping 45 Mages total! Granted, not all combinations could be cool, but that is a lot to choose from! There are so many different combinations it is exciting!

(btw I am getting the 10 from the fact that there are 6 major schools (Arcane, Holy, Nature, Dark, Mind, War) plus 4 elements (Fire, Water, Air, Earth) )

Some only get one school.

Priestess has only Holy (triple for dark)
Beastmaster has only Nature (triple for fire)
Force Master has only Mind (triple for creatures outside own school)

So getting 2 isnt implicit.  The tradeoff will often come in based on which schools, and their number of passive abilities and stat layouts.

Also, the Wizard introduces the concept of choosing one of his two schools which is interesting.   having somethign that gets to choose Light or Dark for a good or evil version would be cool, etc.

MrSaucy

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 23, 2013, 03:21:11 AM »
Quote from: "baronzaltor" post=7880
Quote from: "MrSaucy" post=7879

Some only get one school.

Priestess has only Holy (triple for dark)
Beastmaster has only Nature (triple for fire)
Force Master has only Mind (triple for creatures outside own school)

So getting 2 isnt implicit.  The tradeoff will often come in based on which schools, and their number of passive abilities and stat layouts.

Also, the Wizard introduces the concept of choosing one of his two schools which is interesting.   having somethign that gets to choose Light or Dark for a good or evil version would be cool, etc.

2 is not implicit, no, but I stated that there would be 45 possibilities ASSUMING that were the case. I am not quite sure how they would make another mage apart from the Wizard that focuses on 3 schools of magic, but I could be wrong. My point was this: there are a LOT of directions they can take future expansions!