April 16, 2024, 11:54:41 AM

Author Topic: Mages that you would like to see in the game  (Read 315904 times)

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: Mages that you would like to see in the game
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2012, 09:25:23 AM »
i for one think that is a great idea.
Favorite Mage: The one I am using.

fas723

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2012, 03:03:59 PM »
Maybe not a particular mage i'm thinking aboute, but rather a spell mechanic (note: haven't played the game yet). What about a mage who could evolve creatures. Like casting a small creature the first turn and in the secuond turn play a evolotion / mutation that requires the first creature to case. Like minor golem to stone golem, and later armed golem. I'm thinking this could be done in several steps and in different directions. Then the opponent has to deal with the smaller creartures to not get too powerful evolves at him later on, but then he will spend actions, spells and mana to destroy cheap creatures and will lose pace...

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2012, 04:34:10 PM »
so far there is no evolution/transformation/evolution mechanic in mage wars.  although i thought it would be neat to have a shapeshifter as a mage.

paradox22

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • MOKAN Mage Wars
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2012, 12:08:15 AM »
I'd like to see a dark fallen angel mage that is attempting to redeem himself...  possibly with access to dark magic and holy magic...  I think that would be cool conceptually and visually.  : )
Si vis pacem para bellum

Jake the Dog

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2012, 10:30:52 AM »
Storm Mage: Lighting, Wind, and Rain Magic
Shaman: Spirit and Nature Magic
Conjurer: Summoner of Elementals, Djinnii, etc. Basically a Non-Beast Summoner
Technomancer: Maker of Golems, Artifacts, etc. (Guns too?)

Jon.Ambriz

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2012, 02:28:51 PM »
I love those ideas! Especially the Nightmare; just thinking about going through my opponents creatures and pulling out their worse "fears" sounds like a great and interesting play style.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
That's a nice spell you have there. It'd be a shame if something happened to it.

Scarob

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2012, 04:01:06 PM »
the nightmare idea is one of my favourites so far :)

how about a mechanic of selecting a specific page in the opponents spellbook and card location to force them to discard that card or something?.... You: page 3, card 4, say bye bye...Opponent: NOOOO!!! MY THINGY!! XD

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2012, 04:28:05 PM »
lol unless that page was empty.  but then you would have to require people to put only one card per slot.

Scarob

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2012, 04:34:14 PM »
well there could be two levels of the card - a cheap one that gets discarded regardless if there was a card in the slot you selected and a higher cost one that returns to your had if you choose an empty slot. Well from my experiences of card holders having one card per sleeve is best otherwise the cards start to get ruined too quickly...however if people do choose to put multiple cards in one slot then the "discard from slot X" mechanic can discard them all XD.......or just one of them lol

DocBelmont

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
    • Doctor Belmont
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2012, 07:25:03 PM »
I'd like to see things that modify the mages themselves.

Perhaps mages could "level up" or "advance" in some way. Training cards could be introduced to the game that could slightly increase basic statistics like Life, Armor, Channeling, or Spell Points...perhaps skill cards could make you more skilled with using certain types of spells.

Exempli Gratia: (mind you, these are just "ideas,")

Life Increase: Physical training has yielded a healthier, stronger body. (+2 to starting Life Points)
Meditation: Time spent in deep meditaion has increased your connection to the unseen world. (+1 Channeling)
Grimoire scribing: Finding a cache of lore is always exciting. You have expanded your spellbook to include these new spells. (+5 Spell Points)
Dragonfire Secret: Learning how to channel Dragon fire makes your fire spells more potent. (Fire Spells do an additional die of damage for an extra 2 Mana.)
Lore of the Dead: You've spent some time studying the forbidden lore of Necromancy. (Summoning Undead creatures costs 1 less Mana.)
Conjuror's Aegis: Ambient mana from the rift a summoner's summons can be utilized to form a shield around the creature. You have unlocked its secret. (Summoned Creatures have an extra 3 Armor. On each turn, this extra Armor is reduced by a point.)
Stormrider's Lance: You have studied the arcane science of conductivity, and can call more powerful lightning. (Mage's Effect die for Electricity spells are modified by +1)
Voltaric Shield Runes: your wizard has embroidered enchanted Voltaric runes into his robe, enhancing mana flow and strengthening his Voltaric shield. (The wizard's Voltaric shield damage absorb is increased by +2.)
Voltaric Rune of Power: Your wizard's Voltaric runes include the Mana rune, which converts woven mana into energy that can be absorbed by the Wizard. (The wizard gains 2 Mana whenever a spell is cast directly upon him after its effects have been resolved) [requires: Voltaric Shield Runes]
Voltaric Rune of [Damage Type] Your wizard's Voltaric Runes include the [Damage Type] Rune, and acts as a shield against this damaging element. (The Wizard gains [Damage Element -2] while Voltaric Shield is "on." [requires Voltaric Shield Runes]
Nature's renewal: Your mage has studied the lore of Nature which governs growth and renewal. You can now infuse yourself with healing energy whenever you cast spells of Nature. (Whenever you cast a nature spell, you may pay an extra Mana to heal one Life point.)
Asyria's Second Scripture: Your priestess has devoted herself to the second scripture of the chant of Asyria, which governs spiritual wholeness, and has been enlightened by its wisdom. (The Priestess reduces the removal cost of her RESTORE ability by 1.)
Loremaster of Voltari: Your years of devoted study of all of the collected Lore of the plane of Voltari has yielded secrets to great power. (ARCANE spells cast by the mage have their Mana cost reduced by 1.)
Wizard's Schooling: You have returned to the grand college of Wizards, and have mastered a new school of magic. (The wizard may choose an additional training from one of the following schools: [Earth, Air, Fire, Water, Mind])
Beastmaster's Communion: You have wandered the wilds for months, studying the harmonious elements of creation. (The Beastmaster may choose an additional training from one of the following schools: [Earth, Air, Water, Holy])
Demonblood Elixir: You have discovered and performed a ritual most foul; to infuse your very lifeblood with that of a demon! (The Warlock gains the trait Flame -2)
Arraxian Demon-binder: You have made a study of long-forgotten black magic rites, and have learned many true names of demons. (Demon summoning costs in Mana are reduced by 1.)
Blood Magic: You have wrested the secrets of Arraxian blood-magic, and have turned it to your own ends. (Mage may substitute Life points to cast a spell.) [Dark Mage only]

Again, these are just ideas. I like the thought of leveling up and improving your mage, and giving him unique skills.

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2012, 11:37:02 AM »
interesting ideas.  although i think these would fit great into a campaign idea rather than a core ruleset.  sounds like a lot of fun

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2012, 12:37:34 PM »
Quote from: "Klaxas" post=1491
interesting ideas.  although i think these would fit great into a campaign idea rather than a core ruleset.  sounds like a lot of fun

Are you reading my mind?
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2012, 01:59:12 AM »
lol i must be

ShamanX

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2012, 05:43:27 PM »
Quote from: "Klaxas" post=63
Time Mage-  no idea how this one would play but i love the idea.

Madman with a box! Doctor Who style Time Lord!

Could cast a Police Box as equipment and teleport to any zone and remain off the board (like banish) for a certain number of rounds and get a complete life/mana regen. LOL

Also, what about a Hedge Wizard... Can use spells from any school... level 1 spells would be at regular cost, level two spells would cost regular cost plus 1, level 3 spells would cost double +2 and anything higher would be triple +3

Mage ability: This mage chooses one spell-type which can then be cast at a cost of one less mana per spell.

Thunderfrog

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2012, 04:18:17 AM »
@ 1unatic,

The Warlord sounds pretty close to the custom mage-archtype we use in store already. Basically weve given him a base armor of 4, a quick attack of 4 dice and d12 10+ stun, a full round attack of 6 dick + d12 8+ stun.  50 HP, 8 Channel, and the ability to Swap Equipment spells like a wand swaps incantations. Also, all equipment cards are considered Trained for him.

If this sounds strong, it is. He's a walking murderhouse. The drawback to him is that he can only have up to 80 points of cards in his deck and his mage traits are Trained: War School, Triple: All schools but Fire and Earth.