March 28, 2024, 01:17:54 PM

Author Topic: Mages that you would like to see in the game  (Read 311590 times)

Dragkin

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Mages that you would like to see in the game
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2012, 01:16:24 AM »
Here's a couple of other different ideas for mage's I was thinking today:

The Geomancer - Earth based mage that uses the very earth itself to devastate and destroy his enemies. He can cast an earthquake in a zone, dealing damage to everybody there and causing a debuff to be placed on them. He can create different crystals in a zone that he can use to channel his spells through and enhance them - for example, the Pyrius Crystal would add a possible burn effect to any spell that's cast through it and such.

The Lich Lord - A Dark magic based mage. An covert agent from the Bog Queen herself, she specializes in a special kind of curse - diseases. Diseases spread from creature to creature when they come into contact with them (same zone). They also have special diseases which add different zone wide debuffs. Her creatures are all plaguebeasts that carry different diseases or affect them in different ways.

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2012, 04:58:22 AM »
love this idea  both actually
Favorite Mage: The one I am using.

Hekireky

• Playtester
  • Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2012, 01:31:11 PM »
Just a quick drop in here to add one of the classes people almost always entirely forget that they have the most important connection towards magicka,magic or mana :)

The Alchemyst/Alchemist

Very nature of magic is to give something in order to see/receive/cast or do. We call it mana, power, ki. Alchemysts like to think it is called alchemy, because it's purpose is the study of one one objects transformation to another. Mana turns into something fiery, cold or hard, that is able to soothe/damage or scare you. It is really a very broad scope of how to describe him, but I would like to think, that Alchemyst would  be trained in all the magic schools :) He could have enchantments, such as Water Transformation, when revealed, would turn any hostile water magic that is targeted towards you or your creature to be made into a healing spell. Or a simple Beastmasters enchanment that grants strength to his creatures, would be turned into flames, that would set them on fire (that sounds like a bad prank). Maybe I made too powerful by making him trained in all schools. But the basic concept of him would be the mastery of spells. Of course, transforming them would require precision and really great insight of how the opponent plays, but this really invite both players to battle it out into a game of deception :)

Dragkin

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2012, 07:43:57 PM »
The Storm Lord - Based around Water, Lightning and Air based attacks. The Storm Lord represents the power of the Westlock navy, the Storm Lords defend the nation's coasts and seas from possible attack and always on a call for when their kingdom needs an assault by sea. With their magics they can flood different zones, making it that only special units with swimming or flying can enter that zone. Their wind magics can push and daze the enemy while their Lightning magic can be used to strike many enemies at once or to cause other problems for them. Their creatures are creatures of the sea and sky, summoning powerful kraken's and mighty griffons to their cause.

Being soldiers of Westlock, they also would have some synergy with knights and such as well.

Proof

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2012, 01:27:11 AM »
The Corruptor.

A mage specializing in both Dark and Nature magic. They use natures unending life energy as fuel for their dark spells. A corruptor will summon good natured beasts of the wilderness, and use dark enchantments to twist and transform them into vicious killers.
Their magic also wreaks havoc on their opponent’s creatures and equipment. If it can be created, it can be corrupted.

They would essentially have a lot of enchantments that give powerful bonuses to creatures that are not of the dark school. And spells that conversely severely handicap opponents creatures by reducing their battle stats and depriving them of special abilities.
Their spells can also weaken equipment and add curses to them when used.

This mage would be a dark counterpart of the Beast master.

T_Hess

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2012, 05:28:50 AM »
While thinking of cool spells. I thought about a mage that specializes in disrupting stun, daze, burn....effects. etc... and causing them to be placed from your mage/summons to your opponents mage/summons.....
Maybe this could also go into a Mage that specializes in reversing opponents spells against them. Idk what I'd call it but sounds cool.
Also maybe allow this mage to add effects to it's summons attacks. like an enchant that adds burn to targeted summons attacks....
Opinions?

yummypie

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2012, 05:43:37 AM »
Paladin - War/Holy
He could also have some attack spells that represent his melee sword attack and some equipment could be different magic swords

theduke850

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2012, 08:20:11 AM »
Don't know if it is to late for this or not, but for the Warlord I would like to see a lot of conjurations of machines of war such as a catapult with ranged attacks or something akin to battle forge but with attack spells or landmines. and also summoning a lot of low level solders and boosting them with a field general or an ability to promote (similar to the beastmaster's ability to make pets).

don't have any ideas for Force Master, still don't own the game and I'm not too familiar with Mind School.

Alec

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2012, 10:20:28 AM »
Quote from: "theduke850" post=774
Don't know if it is to late for this or not, but for the Warlord I would like to see a lot of conjurations of machines of war such as a catapult with ranged attacks or something akin to battle forge but with attack spells or landmines. and also summoning a lot of low level solders and boosting them with a field general or an ability to promote (similar to the beastmaster's ability to make pets.

This is one of the best ideas I've read. Ballista's catapults footmen archers calvary... Sounds like a wicked fun Mage!

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2012, 10:46:26 AM »
well i know the forcemaster and warlord are still going through final testing so we will see.  from what i have heard i believe the warlord does have siege engines.  and i believe they had his picture up at gen con, he was an orc and looked pretty killer.

Alec

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2012, 12:10:30 PM »
ETA on release?

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2012, 10:18:08 PM »
i think i heard novemberish but i cant recall for sure.  probibly depends on how well testing goes and if they have to change anything

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2012, 09:35:20 AM »
Quote from: "Klaxas" post=787
i think i heard Novemberish but i cant recall for sure.  probably depends on how well testing goes and if they have to change anything

Correct it is in testing currently have not seen an issue yet. Remember we have to check every spell and ability for balance and flavor. As far as new mechanics I cant make a comment until it is done officially.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Scarob

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2012, 02:53:07 AM »
Well I'v briefly looked through this topic, and enjoy the ideas of all mention so far, here's what I'd like to see without repeating what others have posted on here:

some sort of angel mage - main ability is flying, but has comparatively less mana generation but uses holy magic, also blessings which are enchantments that can only target friendly creatures

a daemon mage - similar to the angel mage but uses dark and fire magic, and have enchantments that target creatures that he can cast through, maybe with the curse type spells that's been floating around (curses could only target enemy creatures)

a sea based mage - sea creatures, would require converting the arena into a sea like terrain (zone at a time, specific spell or set of spells that flood a zone) gives all land creatures -2 combat penalty when in the sea zone, flyers unaffected, sea creatures would recieve a -3 penalty when fighting on land and not a sea zone, sea creatures would have less hit points due to weakish nature being water based life forms, however are cheaper to cast

a ranger - similar to the beast master but less creature intensive and more ranged attacks, maybe a basic ranged attack that gains +1 range to the attack to show their skill, spells would be bows, crossbows, magic arrows/bolts as an enchantment, as well as enchantments as traps etcetera.

and that's it so far, hope you enjoyed :)

Scarob

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2012, 04:48:11 AM »
another thought I've had is would there be cards available for male and female of the same type of mage? just so players can choose their mage's gender...just because they want to? I can't see it being too difficult as all it would be is to add another single card or two to each box?