April 27, 2024, 04:05:03 PM

Author Topic: Pet/Blood Reaper  (Read 4426 times)

baronzaltor

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
Pet/Blood Reaper
« on: December 06, 2012, 11:05:42 PM »
Does the current Pet or Blood Reaper have to be killed to free up the token before a new one can be designated?  Or, if I have one active and play a creature Id rather have can I just re-pay the cost/life and move it to the new guy?

Arcanus

• Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: Pet/Blood Reaper
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 11:39:14 PM »
Great question!  

No, you cannot change the Pet or Bloodreaper once assigned, until they are destroyed.

If you really want to change them out, then put them in harms way, attacking the enemy, and they ought to get slain quickly enough so you can reassign to a better choice.

baronzaltor

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 12:52:17 AM »
On a similar line of reasoning,is it the same with equipment slots?

If Im holding a bow occupying both hands, then want to use a melee and off hand item can i "throw away" the bow to free the slot or just stuck till someone (or I) dissolve it?

Drealin

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 12:58:59 AM »
I don't have the rule book in front of me for the page number, but where it talks about equipment is says that if you cast an equipment spell for a spot that is already occupied, then the equipment you already have out goes back into your spell book.  This means that you can swap out your equipment without having to worry about losing it, unless your opponent dissolves it of course.

In other words, just cast the spell and replace what's already there, putting it back in your spell book.

baronzaltor

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 01:02:00 AM »
Quote from: "Drealin" post=5039
I don't have the rule book in front of me for the page number, but where it talks about equipment is says that if you cast an equipment spell for a spot that is already occupied, then the equipment you already have out goes back into your spell book.  This means that you can swap out your equipment without having to worry about losing it, unless your opponent dissolves it of course.

In other words, just cast the spell and replace what's already there, putting it back in your spell book.

derp.

youre right, I read right past it when i tried looking it up.

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 08:42:19 PM »
i had an equipment wizard build with at least 2 of each wand and i would use the battle forges to swap the wand (and thus the spell) without using an action.

ie-
wand with healing.
cast wand, old wand (and healing spell) goes into spellbook.
place battle fury on new wand.

or whatever you get the idea.
Favorite Mage: The one I am using.