April 27, 2024, 04:31:05 PM

Author Topic: Suppression Cloak  (Read 3522 times)

theduke850

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Suppression Cloak
« on: November 29, 2012, 09:33:23 PM »
I just want to make sure that the Suppression Cloak is as awesome as I think it is.

"The first time each creature makes a melee attack against this Mage, its controller must pay 2 mana during the Declare Attack Step, as an additional cost of making that attack."

if the controlling player can not pay the 2 mana, the attack is cancelled correct?

other than trying to Dissolve it, the only way to get around this, so far as I can see, would be Battle Fury or sticking with ranged attacks.  Since the entire attack is cancelled, I don't think double/triple strike would matter and at the moment there is no way to ready a creature that has already acted in the round. I don't know where I'm going with this, just thinking out loud... anyone else have thoughts on this?

Drealin

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: Suppression Cloak
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 11:35:52 AM »
From what I understand if you can't pay the cost of an attack, then you simply don't attack.  I wouldn't say that the attack is cancelled, it simply never happened to begin with.  It would be the same as playing an attack spell, if you can't pay the mana, then you don't even use the card.
An attack can only be cancelled during Step 2 Avoid Attack, and if it is then you would skip to Step 5.  But since you can't even get through Step 1 then the attack isn't cancelled.  Which is a good thing, because if it could be cancelled during Step 1 then a doublestrike or tripplestrike may still get their other strikes.