April 23, 2024, 05:20:38 PM

Author Topic: I dont know what is "deathlock"  (Read 5452 times)

starwen

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
I dont know what is "deathlock"
« on: November 16, 2012, 01:21:26 AM »
could anybody give some data to me about "deathlock"?

this thing is very interesting but i dont know what it is

I ask because I am a fan of fantasy story

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: I dont know what is "deathlock"
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 02:19:38 AM »
if your asking about game terms, its a conjuration that gives all creatures finite life meaning nothing can heal, regenerate, or gain life.

if you mean thematicly, i believe it is some sort of twisted artifact of power that warlocks use to block out the influince of the good aligned gods thus preventing thier healing powers.

just off the top of my head, nothing official you understand.
Favorite Mage: The one I am using.

rithe

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers -1
    • View Profile
Re: I dont know what is \
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 08:11:17 PM »
*disclamer* none of this information can be offically backed however due to a lot of flavor text and being able to peace together scraps of intel this information is subject to being poked with a big stick and being called "falce"

ok so the death lock was made Lord Abaddon who is the one of the lords of the crown the other two being malcoda and Adramelech (this would indecate that we will get him in a later expanson and that he will most likely be a 30 mana epic/leg who will win the game single handed since he can make items like the deathlock)

abaddon most likely created it as a way of stripping demons of their ability to be immortal so he can keep them in check as he is problely the demon of death/war/destruction since malcoda is demon of pesterlance/sickness (to be confirmed as he has no title but does have idols) and adramelech is lord of fire (who has the title so we know he is a leader/lord of the crown)

the death lock mostlikely messes with the way demons exist since they are not living but are not dead, the deathlock will (as the name hints) lock them in a state of death (or lock them out of their undying state) where they are unable to recover form wound or illness and will also age (a fate that is worse then death for a demon)

I would not be suppiresed if abaddon is the demon king, as only a demon of raw power would beable to make such a dark relic and would need it to hold his power when trying to "rule" over a nation of beings who single reasion is to make deals with one another and twist them so that they get the upper hand.

hope this helps ^^
Where joy meets sin, that's where you'll find me

reddawn

• Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
Re: I dont know what is
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2013, 10:41:04 PM »
Actually, if you read about the Arraxian Crown in the World of Etheria section of the site, it implies that Adramelech is the demon king.

"The Arraxian Crown is by lead three demons sent from Infernia by Adremelech to personally oversee his return to Etheria."

This appears to suggest that Adremelech has the authority to at least command high-ranking demons and that he once was in/ruled Etheria.  So this could mean one of two things:

1. Abaddon could be one of the three demons which he sent to Etheria.  If so, the "other demons" the flavor text refers to could be the other two demons Adramelech sent to Etheria.  He might just be the biggest baddie of the three.

2. Abaddon inhabits Infernia and is just some random demon.  Abaddon is a pretty popular name for a demon in games in general, so I'm not surprised to see it here.

However, the main reason Adramelech is probably the king of the demons is because his name roughly translated from Hebrew/Arabic literally translates into "King of the Rock," or probably more accurately, "King of Hell" or "Brutal King." 

From my voracious reading habits, I knew that Melech meant king in Hebrew, but I didn't know what Adra meant.  Looked it up, and it means "rock" or "hard."

Suffice to say, whoever made the card must be familiar with ancient languages, or at least looked up cool words to make the name.
  • Favourite Mage: Arraxian Crown Warlock