March 29, 2024, 05:26:32 AM

Author Topic: The Priestess as a MELEE TANK!?!  (Read 6929 times)

paradox22

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • MOKAN Mage Wars
The Priestess as a MELEE TANK!?!
« on: November 11, 2012, 12:17:14 AM »
Last night I tested a deck that I think, after I fine tune some things, might thus far be my favorite build to date.  It was a priestess equipment build that also used 4 hands of Bim-Shalla.  This build has it all...  Massive melee power (12 attack dice and the possibility to daze stun when using her staff) and access to healing spells for low cost.  If you really wanted to go crazy, you could include 6 hands of bim shalla for 14 attack dice.  Couple that with a battle fury for two consecutive attacks, and your opponent will be reeling.  Not to mention, the hands can be used to boost Armor and to heal.  IMHO They are an amazing asset to any build, even the warlock who must pay triple for them.

The one glaring flaw I found is that most of your over-the-top hitting power comes from the hands...which are delicate, and hard to protect.  Once your opponent sees this, they will go after them and destroy them.   A tactic to counter this might be to include a few knights/gray angels and put them on guard in the zones that contain your conujurations...it would at least slow down your opponet destroying them.  I planned to do this, but then got overly aggressive, and sent my creatures into melee...   :pinch:

Gonna make some adjustments/tweaks to the spell book and try it again asap.

Anyone else tried this build yet?
Si vis pacem para bellum

Crae

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: The Priestess as a MELEE TANK!?!
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 02:10:18 PM »
I haven't tried this build yet, but its something that I really want to give a shot. I love the temples of bim shalla.

Just out of curiosity, how did you manage to get 4 of those? The only thing I can think to do is buy them off my friends :P

paradox22

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • MOKAN Mage Wars
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 04:15:53 PM »
Quote from: "Crae" post=3581
I haven't tried this build yet, but its something that I really want to give a shot. I love the temples of bim shalla.

Just out of curiosity, how did you manage to get 4 of those? The only thing I can think to do is buy them off my friends :P

I bought 2 copies of the game.    I want to make a spell book that uses 6 of them!
Si vis pacem para bellum

werner

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 08:30:35 AM »
this reminds me of my "Paladin" build. (equipment / rushdown Priestess.) But IMHO, that's too many BIM SHALA.

where was your opponent while you were casting your 3rd and 4th BIM SHALA?

I would've smashed your face in and you'd be -20 mana!

6?!? Don't do it. That's -30 mana! No way a competitive player lets you live that long.

paradox22

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • MOKAN Mage Wars
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 11:34:40 AM »
Where was he?  On his side of the board putting out his support conjurations.  Not all builds cross the board and immediately smash face.  And he did eventually destroy some of them, but it was too late.  6 probably is too many, but hey,  I'd have extras to replace them as they went down.  They really are useful for more than just +melee.  They heal, and add to armor.  My favorite card hands down (pun intended)  : )
Si vis pacem para bellum

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 09:21:04 PM »
you have to remember the hand of bim shalla is insanely cheap for the priestess to put in her deck.  i would put 6 in the deck just to replace some as they got destroyed.  actually i have been playing this deck for a month or so and i like it fairly well.
Favorite Mage: The one I am using.

paradox22

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • MOKAN Mage Wars
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, 12:54:39 PM »
Indeed, and they are insanely easy to destroy.  Thus extras are a good thing.
Si vis pacem para bellum

knutenez

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2012, 11:04:20 PM »
In the games I've played, a lone Mage has only won a couple of times, and that was against an opponent who was also low on creatures. It sounds like you were using some, so that may already be a part of your build, but if not, I'd get a couple knights or angels out to help her. In my experience, a lone Mage is too vulnerable to enchantments and conditions. If she has to spend a couple actions healing, dispelling, or removing conditions, she falls too far behind an opponent who is casting the enchantments and has creatures doing damage to her. I haven't found a way to deal with this (I gave up pretty quick and went back to creatures). What have you done?

paradox22

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • MOKAN Mage Wars
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2012, 12:47:44 AM »
The main focus of the build was a melee priestess utilizing hands of bim shalla, equipment and buffing enchantments.  That said, I did have a few creatures in the build for support, mainly knights, grey angels, and Vashala (big 21 point angel).  The knights also doubled as guards.  Their defense + armor is awesome in this capacity.
Si vis pacem para bellum

Hedge

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2012, 02:14:06 AM »
also the most crippling status, stunned, can easily be removed with her
quickcast allowing her to always get to melee attack during her action phase.

Hedge