April 27, 2024, 02:39:24 AM

Author Topic: dual wielding?  (Read 5649 times)

Mestrahd

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
dual wielding?
« on: August 08, 2012, 03:24:30 PM »
I see the picture of a Mage Wand in the rulebook has the slots weapon OR shield. So I assume Elemental Wand has the same slots. Can you have a Mage Wand in one hand and an Elemental Wand in the other? ZZAP BZZZAP!

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: dual wielding?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 03:50:14 PM »
Quote from: "Mestrahd" post=264
I see the picture of a Mage Wand [spoiler]
[attachment=11]MageWand.JPG[/attachment][/spoiler]in the rulebook has the slots weapon OR shield. So I assume Elemental Wand has the same slots. Can you have a Mage Wand in one hand and an Elemental Wand in the other? ZZAP BZZZAP!

In the base set we have a few items that use the shield or weapon slot. Remember that you can have 1 item equipped to each slot. On the Elemental Wand [spoiler][attachment=12]ElementalWand.JPG[/attachment][/spoiler]it has Weapon or shield listed. Because they each can go into either slot you could dual wield them.  Remember that you can never have 2 of the same card face up attached to any object in the arena including a mage. But if an item like a long bow [spoiler]
[attachment=13]IvariumLongbow.JPG[/attachment]
[/spoiler]had weapon and shield listed you could not equip any thing else to those slots.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Amadseer

• Official Lorekeeper of Etheria
  • New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 12:22:31 AM »
I've seen dual wand-wielding wizards laying down the pain in playtesting. Each cast requires mana to cast the spell imprinted on the wand, so it's not like its a sure path to victory, but if the Mage has built up a solid base of mana, then it can be very worthwhile. (Just a sidenote, cheap spells seem to be better imprints on wands than high casting cost spells).

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 05:14:07 PM »
question about that.  just because you dual wield doesnt give you the actions to use everything correct?  for example, a dual wielding wand user if they had 2 quick spells (1 in each wand) could cast one on thier action and 1 on thier quickcast correct?

like as your attack you wouldnt get to use both wands and then have your quickcast for something else?
Favorite Mage: The one I am using.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 06:03:55 PM »
This is directly form the rule book.

[spoiler][attachment=31]Spellbind.JPG[/attachment][/spoiler]
Any spell bound cards uses the exact same rules as a card you cast from your hand.

Look in the rule book under spellbind, Image was too large and got auto resized.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 09:37:36 PM »
i figured that was the case i was just double checking.
Favorite Mage: The one I am using.