April 24, 2024, 07:11:12 PM

Author Topic: Samandriel  (Read 4710 times)

mitkosim

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Samandriel
« on: October 24, 2012, 06:52:45 PM »
Hey, so today I was subjected to the full glory of Valshalla and after the game I thought I'd look over her competition - Samandriel to see what she's up to and something caught my eye. First of all, Samandriel's attack starts marginally better but quickly gets outpaced by Valshalla's. Second, her effect roll is inferior - she stuns on an 11+, whereas Valshalla does on a 9+, and thirdly and most astonishingly - Samandriel is light immune. At first I thought - well that's cool, she's just better in a mirror match but then I flipped through the codex and saw that she is in fact immune to all light spells and effects, which kinda means she can't be healed (and also not sure about those +1 armor tokens from the crown) ... Did I get that right? From where I am sitting, she is seriously inferior to her more electrifying sister and still costs the same in both spell book points and mana. What is up with that? :p

SeanDeCoy

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Samandriel
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 10:53:20 PM »
She's just immune to light type damage. You're thinking of "Holy" for the healing spells. Immunities always refer to damage types. You can read more about damage types on page 30 of the rulebook.

mitkosim

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Samandriel
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 04:45:56 AM »
Oops. That's what I get for shorthanding the Holy school as Light to contrast it with the warlock's Dark school ;) Thanks for that!