March 28, 2024, 11:50:14 PM

Author Topic: Updated Starter Spellbooks!  (Read 44089 times)

Some_call_me_Tim

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Updated Starter Spellbooks!
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2013, 05:36:59 PM »
I looked these over, and looks like the beastmaster and warlock are over 120 points, anyone else get that?

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2014, 01:27:15 PM »
My only issues with the apprentice spell book is that the warlock has no way to remove curses. I also feel the Gorgan Archer is OP for the apprentice book.

I have had several apprentice matches where the Gorgan Archer completely neutered the Warlock with Weak Counters. last night i was playing a guy, I was the wizard and the warlock ended up with 5 weak counters.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

aquestrion

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2014, 04:42:35 AM »
Check the novice spells and recount novice counts as in school

Myrddin

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2014, 03:31:51 PM »
My only issues with the apprentice spell book is that the warlock has no way to remove curses. I also feel the Gorgan Archer is OP for the apprentice book.

I have had several apprentice matches where the Gorgan Archer completely neutered the Warlock with Weak Counters. last night i was playing a guy, I was the wizard and the warlock ended up with 5 weak counters.
I haven't played loads with the apprentices, but I'd think you should be able to avoid this. The obvious thing would be to just get in the same space as the Archer and smash it! Even against regeneration, damage plus burn effects should be effective. If you've summoned something else, that can help, or go for the other mage.

I've heard about other problems with other books, though: the main solution is just to move on from apprentice books. I think they're intended to introduce the rules, not as a constant 'lighter' version of the game.

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2014, 03:51:05 PM »
I'm playing the apprentice versions because I'm teaching the game to new players to develop a playgroup to run events through the Organized Play Program.

I wish I had a playgroup where I could build my own books and play full games. But the majority of the games I play are apprentice games.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

nightfox541

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2014, 10:22:16 PM »
The links for the updated lists are not working for me, does anyone have a list they could post?