April 19, 2024, 09:51:13 AM

Author Topic: mage customization  (Read 5925 times)

Raidre

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
mage customization
« on: August 07, 2012, 05:04:10 AM »
m curious about how much each of the 4 different elements are available as far as number of spells available to them. I would like to have a wizard that is heavy in Water spells but would obviously need a pretty decent size selection for it to work. So are their enough cards for each of the elements to do this right now?

GD360

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: mage customization
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 07:03:22 AM »
Good question. Can someone give us a breakdown of what cards of each element are available.

Gigan

• Elder
  • Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 09:55:49 AM »
There will only be two Water spells in the initial release; Geyser and Dissolve.  We will definitely have a lot more of them in the future.

The main elements focused on in the Core Set are Fire and Air, due to the Warlock and the Wizard.  Never fear, we have LOTS of elemental spells just waiting to be integrated in future releases.

The first expansion, the Forcemaster and Warlord, will start filling out the Earth and Mind spells as well as other schools.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 05:36:29 PM »
Quote from: "Gigan" post=205
There will only be two Water spells in the initial release; Geyser and Dissolve.  We will definitely have a lot more of them in the future.

The main elements focused on in the Core Set are Fire and Air, due to the Warlock and the Wizard.  Never fear, we have LOTS of elemental spells just waiting to be integrated in future releases.

The first expansion, the Forcemaster and Warlord, will start filling out the Earth and Mind spells as well as other schools.

I am hoping that at some point Bryan will get us the Water / Frost spells he has been working on. He said he had a few just not ready for the play-testers yet.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Gigan

• Elder
  • Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 09:05:55 PM »
He has a whole binder full of Water School spells.  I like Frost spells a lot too!

Amadseer

• Official Lorekeeper of Etheria
  • New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 12:18:09 AM »
You could make a fire wizard, or an air wizard easily enough with the cards from the core set, but there's just not enough water or earth to fully focus on those schools... yet.

Still, have to say that the Water School is super important -- it has the "Dissolve" spell, which allows you to get rid of pesky equipment. When we get more water spells in future expansions, you should definitely revisit building a Water-aligned Wizard.

alex02144

• Playtester
  • New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2012, 08:28:15 PM »
I use a water aligned wizard in my main book just because I have 6 dissolves =P