March 29, 2024, 08:39:55 AM

Author Topic: Correct Cards for Deck building  (Read 4882 times)

Graf_N00berix

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Correct Cards for Deck building
« on: August 28, 2021, 11:33:53 AM »
Building my deck with OCTGN I've noticed that some spell have multible cards.
The Wizard Tower or Sherean Leviathan for example.
Well, I read a ERATA which tell me which version of the Wizard Tower i have to use (for the Sherean Leviathan not).

Is there a List of Cards which could tell me which card i have to use so i don't use an outdated (incorrect) card without seaching  each time?
I am sure there are way more Card which got nerves or buffed over time.
... and I'm hoping QCTGN is up to date ...

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
Re: Correct Cards for Deck building
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2021, 08:10:47 AM »
OCTGN is currently being used for a public playtest. The cards in flux are the cards being playtested -- either for balance or because they are brand new. For more information on the changes and their rationales as well as which cards are new, I recommend joining the discord server: https://discord.gg/yCey6h5Kgp

Here is also a link to the dropbox where these changes are logged:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nifbqikhcff4a6l/AAB3UZtoe9j96LvAz5PawA2Na?dl=0
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Graf_N00berix

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2021, 03:40:02 AM »
thx.
I will have a look there.

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2021, 05:48:17 PM »
The list is not stable though... every time I look for a list I find that more and more are in playtest or have been changed. Don't presume that the list is final until they say it is.
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2021, 08:31:36 PM »
DaveW - Leviathan is a promo card that through testing most players agree for an official release needs some balancing before it is allowed in a tournament setting. Most errata is in a situation where through years of tournament games have been proven to be too powerful. We aren't doing many changes to officially released cards in sets, and the ones we are doing are with thorough testing and community discussion. Keep in mind the Wizard's Tower errata is not a part of this set. That was done back in 2016. Most of the released cards that are receiving an errata have been on the docket since 2017 (Zombie Brute, Pillar of Righteous Flame, Disciple of Radiance, etc.), and are now being taken care of.

Graf! - Welcome to the community! I know there are a lot of cards to go through as this is a massive game. OCTGN right now has a Final Release section. The goal of that section is for all promo cards that were unreleased to be released. As a rule use those over the previous Promo section (which served for promo cards that were not included in a set). It is in a public playtesting phase so they will be subject to change (although 90% of them have been this way since the start of the year). We will probably have another tournament to sometime in the Fall using these new cards on OCTGN. We would love to see you there!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 09:19:09 PM by Coshade »
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

kachathai

• Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
    • รอก เครน
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2022, 04:39:10 AM »
As we approach the anniversary of this thread (and I've lost track of when playtesting for the expansion actually began - 2019?) ... is there any update? How close to "finished" is the content, and is there a plan to print and distribute it? Waiting for supply chain crisis to resolve?
รอกไฟฟ้า เครนยกของ ราคาโรงงาน สินค้าของแท้ มาตรฐานรับรอง ตรวจสอบผ่าน จป.1 บริการดี ราคากันเอง ให้คำปรึกษาและวิธีการยกอย่างปลอดภัย ได้มาตรฐานการผลิต หลากหลายรายการ พร้อมการรับประกัน และบริการหลังการขาย https://www.kachathailand.com

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2022, 08:20:43 AM »
As we approach the anniversary of this thread (and I've lost track of when playtesting for the expansion actually began - 2019?) ... is there any update? How close to "finished" is the content, and is there a plan to print and distribute it? Waiting for supply chain crisis to resolve?
You took the words right out of my mouth... er, post!

• Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2022, 02:25:49 PM »
Hey there,

We posted an update two weeks ago! Currently there hasn't been many updates to the set, and that is a sign that we are ready to call it finished.

Just to note - the main community switched over to the discord posted above. Unfortunately this forum isn't used by a majority of its members anymore. While we do post updates when we change cards here as well, there is a lot of other discussions about strategy, cards etc there.

We'll have updates on distribution once this set is wrapped up!
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest