March 28, 2024, 05:38:30 AM

Author Topic: Elementalist/Monk Promo OCTGN Tournament!  (Read 5211 times)

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
Elementalist/Monk Promo OCTGN Tournament!
« on: August 18, 2020, 12:56:48 PM »
Elementalist/Monk Promo OCTGN Tournament!
Tournamnet Structure and Outline
  • This tournamnet will be played in a group bracket with each competitor playing single elimination style. The goal of this tournament is to do a final runthrough of any balancing needed for new cards.
  • To begin, Arcane Duels is accepting entrants. Or you can sign up on Challonge at https://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/sVP4qXLuuy#/signup/0z2xh9s8g9dn.
  • In order to enter, you must commit to playing one mage wars game per week. Failure to do so will result in disqualification
  • If you would like to enter the tournament, email arcaneduels@gmail.com with your name on OCTGN. The target start date is August 30th[/li

Prizes
    The player that takes the championship will receive a free copy of the new set! Even if you are international :)

The weekly schedule will be as follows:

On Challonge your matchups are announced. Feel free to play any matches that you have currently assigned too.

Competitors have from the matchup announcement on Sunday until 2359 Central US time Saturday to get their matches played and the results emailed to arcaneduels@gmail.com.
      *You can email just the result in a text format,video recorded by you (you'll need dropbox or gdrive for that), or the OCTGN inherent replay files for possible later casting.

Ideally, there will be a featured match up each week. If you can send replay files please feel free to for future casting.  We do not guarantee your match will be casted, but will try out best!
    Rules
    • If one party has been unresponsive in scheduling a match, they will forfeit the match and tournamnet
    • If attempts have been made by both parties to schedule a match and it just doesn't line up by the end of the week, let Arcane Duels know and we will try to help on a case by case basis (typically by having the match scheduled for the following week with those competitors being required to play 2 matches during the next week). In some cases both players will be disqualified.
    • If neither player has attempted to schedule, both will be given a loss
    • If required, a judge makes the final call on a rule. Any argumentative discussion that takes an excessive amount of time will receive a warning. If it continues that player will be disqualified.
    • If a player gets disconnected and dropped during a tournament match it will be considered a loss for that player
    • All cards released on OCTGN are legal to use. All promotional cards available on OCTGN are also legal. If there are playtesting cards that update currently existing cards, you must use the newest version. For example you must use the Wizard that has Arcane Zap for 2 mana instead of the older version.
      We also may balance cards mid tournament. This means that the newest card must be used!
    • Players will build a spellbook with the standard amount of spellbook points and restrictions. They may change mages or books between games if they wish.
    • Any promotional cards that have been officially released in a set will be considered to read as the official released in a set version
    Restrictions And/Or Clarifications

Other info
    If you wish to be a caster please contact me at Arcaneduels@gmail.com. Even if you cannot stream you could always join me or anyone else casting the game. Players are allowed to cast for games that they are not competing in.
    Judge positions will be less easy to apply for. If you wish to be a judge then you will not be allowed to participate as a contestant in the tournament.
    Matches must allow official commentators and judges in as spectators. Non-Official Tournament spectators are not allowed to spectate a game unless both players agree to it. Some games will be streamed live, and may be posted on youtube for all Mage Wars fans to view.

Logistics
    ALL coordination will be done through email. The reason signups require email is so Arcane Duels can easily track match up coordination (everyone should CC arcaneduels@gmail.com when figuring out when you can play your match). This helps us see if someone has been unresponsive and can take appropriate action
    The above reason is why you must email arcaneduels@gmail.com to sign up. If there are issues with that, let us know through some other means and we'll try to accomodate.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 02:28:55 PM by Coshade »
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
Re: Elementalist/Monk Promo OCTGN Tournament!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2020, 09:35:01 PM »

count me in

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Out of the ashes, a new power will rise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2020, 03:01:46 PM »
Zot in an online tournament? I guess there is a first for everything.
The Phoenix shall rise.

Werekingdom

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2020, 08:22:23 AM »
I'm in!
Kill with Tanglevine

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2020, 02:56:47 PM »
Hey everyone!

We have made the tournament live! No one sent me their emails, but I know there has already been players in contact about the first match.

Good luck to everyone!

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2020, 12:12:48 AM »
I am also already signed up for this next one too. Yay.