April 18, 2024, 01:59:53 PM

Author Topic: Mage Wars Dojo!  (Read 8315 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Mage Wars Dojo!
« on: November 17, 2019, 08:04:22 PM »
For those who don't have time for Arena but find Academy wanting, I have a new format for you! It's called Mage Wars Dojo!

-The Arena is 2 x 3 zones
-Walls are banned
All mages are lv4, have 50 spell points, 3 starting mana and 7 channelling
-All mages in both Academy and Arena are legal. Arena mages get -10 life
-The planning phase and quickcast phases are included
-The first two rounds are setup rounds, during which you can't attack or target enemy objects. Additionally, creatures you control can't take move actions during the first setup round.
-Max 2 copies of each lv2+ spell in your spellbook
-Max 3 copies of each lv1 spell in your spellbook.

What do you think? Pretty cool huh? I've already built several spellbooks for this and counting. If anyone is interested in trying this with me, my OCTGN username is Sergeant_Ketchup. I'd be happy to let you use one of my spellbooks. Or if you'd like to play in person that would be great too!!!

Enjoy! :D
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 01:21:29 PM by Sailor Vulcan »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Wars Dojo!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2019, 09:46:33 PM »
2x3 zones has been used for Arena training possibly since the first rules set came out, if I remember correctly. I know I read about that format for teaching the game somewhere a long, long time ago. Maybe it was with starter spellbooks. I know I ran a few days of 2x3 "how to play" sessions at a local tournament a few years ago.
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Wars Dojo!
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2019, 01:21:58 PM »
After testing a bit by myself, I've made a few updates to the format. Hope it works better for you guys now! :)
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.