March 29, 2024, 10:21:37 AM

Author Topic: mage wars weekend indy  (Read 13414 times)

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
mage wars weekend indy
« on: November 01, 2019, 04:24:34 PM »
only a couple weeks until mw indy. 11/15-17. let me know if you are able to make it. I can provide details for new folks. we have many who are planning on making it. tournament on 11/16 Saturday. super stoked and can't wait. see you soon

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
Re: mage wars weekend indy
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 10:48:53 PM »
1 week until mw weekend here in indy. pm me for details if you don't already have them. getting super stoked for folks to get here and have a great time.

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2019, 01:36:24 PM »
mw weekend is here!  stanyer due to arrive soon, followed by others...

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2019, 02:29:22 PM »
canvassing for who can make the next mw weekend here in indy. checking on april 3-5 or april 17-19? pm me here or discord.

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2020, 06:59:43 PM »
only a few more weeks until mw indy 4/3-5. let me know if you can make it and direct message me for details. several already have committed and looking forward to another great time.

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2020, 04:39:26 PM »
it has been requested that we follow the winter war ruleset for the next mw weekend (4/3-5) here as a means of generating some more data. it is fine by me. anyone have issues with that or have another suggestion? I will post the winter war link below. only a few more weeks until the event. we have several who have committed. if you are interested, please get with me here or on discord to get more details.

http://forum.arcanewonders.com/index.php?topic=18928.0

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2020, 04:48:13 PM »
it has been requested that promo cards be allowed. so all promo cards are allowed for any matches however all errata for those promo cards are in effect as well. for instance - no quick cast sandstorms or ballista in any book etc.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 04:50:55 PM by zot »

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2020, 10:00:52 AM »
two weeks until mage wars weekend here in indy. assuming nothing changes related to the corona, this is still going to happen. super stoked about seeing folks. I will post here again if anything changes. but so far so good here.

ThisIsDeutch

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2020, 03:44:30 PM »
two weeks until mage wars weekend here in indy. assuming nothing changes related to the corona, this is still going to happen. super stoked about seeing folks. I will post here again if anything changes. but so far so good here.

You should cancel. Running a tournament in the middle of a pandemic is entirely irresponsible, considering how easily it spreads and it can be nearly invisible for 2 weeks. The COVID-19 pandemic will only get worse in April and May considering that most states aren't even putting the effort of stopping the spread of the disease, and the US federal government is all over the place with its response.

If you decide to hold the tournament and people get sick, then the fault will be 100% on you. If some of these people die, then it'll be all for some lousy tournament prize- it's simply not worth it.

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2020, 04:19:38 PM »
we are not holding a formal tournament this time unless people want to do that. note this is still 2 more weeks away. and we would know given the self quarantines that have been in place for over a week already that anyone attending would know if they have any symptoms and stay home.  I do agree it is not worth the risk, but I do also believe by 4/3 we will likely be in decent shape to start coming out of our cocoons.

ThisIsDeutch

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2020, 05:23:33 PM »
note this is still 2 more weeks away. and we would know given the self quarantines that have been in place for over a week already that anyone attending would know if they have any symptoms and stay home.

What happens if a participant is unknowingly infected while driving to the event, or a few days before the event and isn't showing symptoms? If your state governor prohibits the gathering of more than 5 people, will you just do the tournament? Perhaps online on OCTGN might be best...

I do agree it is not worth the risk, but I do also believe by 4/3 we will likely be in decent shape to start coming out of our cocoons.

LMAO dream on.... Your entire country is ill-prepared and the virus has only started to spread. An optimistic view of the future would be the "cooldown" of the virus starting late May/ Early June.

RobMurray

• Playtester
  • New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2020, 01:10:19 PM »
ThisIsDeutch is right. Early predications show the top of the bell curve starting in late April early May. If people are out of their cocoons before then, Trump has selected the economy over his Citizens well being.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2020, 07:15:57 PM »
You know... with the governor's shelter in-place order that became effective last night, you might want to reconsider the offering. It was set to last until 4/7 at least.
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2020, 09:51:09 PM »
I am planning on waiting until next Wednesday to see how things are going. there is a chance the order can be revoked early. not a big chance, but still possible.

Brian VanAlstyne

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2020, 12:57:05 PM »
Things are going badly. I'm blown away that you think there is any chance of having any sort of event before May at the earliest and that's even pushing.