March 29, 2024, 07:20:35 AM

Author Topic: Deck of just Mages?  (Read 6784 times)

JAM2099

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Deck of just Mages?
« on: July 31, 2019, 08:15:59 AM »
Would anyone be interested if they would release a deck of JUST mages?  The male Forcemaster is already portrayed on the Disarm spell but we haven't seen him yet in any sets.  I believe that we have enough spells with all of the different sets without making weaker or stronger versions of what's already out there.  I would like to see a deck of new and alternate versions of just mages.  Female wizard, Male Forcemaster, Arena version of Elementalist, Female Paladin, Arena versions of academy mages and Academy versions of arena mages that haven't been done yet (which I think they may already have them all covered.)    Just a thought.  Probably will never happen but I'd buy it if it would.

Kajarahpickles

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Deck of just Mages?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2019, 11:43:45 AM »
I would! I do think the schools are deep enough now that we don't NEED new spells. A full Arena expansion like paladin vs siren is a huge amount of work, which is why we might not see a new one again.  But a new mage card can really open up whole new styles of play.

Perhaps they could make Arena packs similar to Academy expansions. For example, the female wizard with perhaps 6-12 (24 to 60ish cards) new spells that tie in to her abilities. There are several promo cards that can be slotted in as well.

Here's my top wish list

Arena Elementalist:  The academy version is awesome, can actually make academy interesting to play. I would love to see a few more frost spells and an arena version.

Alt Wizard:  It would be nice have another option for arcane. I'm sure some are a bit scarred/sick of the wizard.

Alt Druid: Either a port of the academy or a new alt druid.

Alt Forcemaster:  I guess. For those players  :P

Alt Paladin:  Huh, I didn't even think of this one! Now I'm kinda excited by it, more Valor!

Anyway I think individual small arena packs for each mage might be more realistic.  But if they did put all the mage cards in one last pack I would buy it up in a heartbeat.

• Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2019, 03:46:24 PM »
Would anyone be interested if they would release a deck of JUST mages?  The male Forcemaster is already portrayed on the Disarm spell but we haven't seen him yet in any sets.  I believe that we have enough spells with all of the different sets without making weaker or stronger versions of what's already out there.  I would like to see a deck of new and alternate versions of just mages.  Female wizard, Male Forcemaster, Arena version of Elementalist, Female Paladin, Arena versions of academy mages and Academy versions of arena mages that haven't been done yet (which I think they may already have them all covered.)    Just a thought.  Probably will never happen but I'd buy it if it would.

I would be interested in any new Arena product.

But yes, a set of just the missing mages' art + ability cards (alt-Forcemaster, alt-Wizard, alt-Druid, alt-Necromancer, alt-Paladin, alt-Siren, 2x Elementalist,  2x Monk, maybe even 1x Archmage) would be great. I could imagine this getting bundled into one final Arena expansion that includes other stuff that had been (or was at least rumoured to be) worked on to some extent - e.g. might include the rules for the "archmage" format and "mounts" that had been promised at some time. This could be a "Battlegrounds" expansion, with very few new cards - maybe some of the remaining unreleased promos, a couple cards related to Archmage (?), and the "mounts" themselves. A few more Terrain cards wouldn't hurt, and maybe one or two more creatures with Trample (an ability that could be cool but is underrepresented on expensive creatures that don't synergize with much else).
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2019, 09:27:16 PM »
I would also be interested in any new Arena product. Even a release format of one Arena mage per one deck as they do with Academy would be fun. It would be cheaper to produce then the two mages + two spellbook format of the original Arena expansions.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

SirJasonCrage

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2019, 06:53:15 AM »
I, for one, would not be interested in any academy products.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 10:59:22 AM by SirJasonCrage »

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2019, 05:13:05 PM »
I, for one, would only be interested in Arena products... but not this.
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2019, 08:49:02 PM »
I would be interested in arena products absolutely.

Kelanen

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2019, 08:14:14 AM »
I'd be interested in any core Arena products - not Academy, not Battlegrounds, not Archmage - just proper Arena...

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2019, 01:30:40 PM »
I would like to see a new core set with

alternate fm
alternate wizard
elementalist
monk

which would of course include new cards. and hopefully some to help siren too.