April 24, 2024, 07:43:55 PM

Author Topic: Played Mage Wars (arena of course) again for the first time in ages! It was fun!  (Read 3913 times)

Bjorne

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
I remember why I like this game so much. Tried the "new" mages Siren vs. Palladin. Siren (me) had no clue and went down easily. Going around thinking about how to build a real spellbook for her. Ah... Mage Wars!

- Björn

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
welcome back!! 

Bjorne

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Thanks! Seems like the consensus is that the Siren is a tough one to make good use of.

Biblofilter

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Year

Still have not make a spellbook with her that i really like.

• Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Töten". "Alles Töten".
Best strat advice ever

Jbuzzsaw79

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
She is a finesse mage to just forcemaster, but is really fun to play.  I find the turtle seems to really help her alot and gives her a good lvl 2 monster option. I think its better then lvl 3 that she has IMO.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
For the Siren, I like to open with Shallow Sea followed by the Kraken. This leads to either Naiya or Meeren Harpooner. However, I don't think I have a good winning book with her either. She is probably much stronger in Domination format where her terrain advantage can help control the zones with orbs.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin