March 29, 2024, 03:51:24 AM

Author Topic: Mind Control  (Read 5847 times)

JAM2099

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Mind Control
« on: June 26, 2019, 10:16:56 AM »
Picked up a second copy of Warlord vs Forcemaster and now I have 2 of everything...yes, EVERYTHING!  While sleeving them, I noticed on the artwork for Mind Control that it had different artwork that I don't recall seeing before.  Also I noticed the Wall of Spikes was printed the opposite direction from all of the other walls.  Anyone else experience this?  Different print run maybe?  The picture is of 2 orcs fighting and one is being controlled by mind control.  Sorry, can't figure out how to post a pic and can't find a picture of it on google images.  Maybe I got lucky with rare color art.  After sleeving some more, I noticed some of the outposts have different art too.  Set identifier at the bottom of card from first Warlord vs Forcemaster set is same as this one.  Exact same set but different artwork on several cards.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 12:29:48 PM by JAM2099 »

RobMurray

• Playtester
  • New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Mind Control
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 01:45:35 PM »
Hmmm. I also have few of those sets and just went through my enchantments. Sad to say I only have the one version where it looks like a busty Medusa is being controlled by a blue mage with a broken thumb.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2019, 05:37:35 PM »
Some of the cards from various sets have alternate artwork... it's nothing terribly special, unless you happen to like one picture better than the other.
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

Arkdeniz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
  • Hated by the Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2019, 03:46:19 AM »
I have both versions of the card.

The Mind Control spell had a little extra information added to it after an errata early on. The fighting orcs are the newer version, adding the following text: "During the Upkeep Phase, Mind Control's upkeep cost must be paid before any other upkeep costs on this creature."

Obviously AW decided to do an art upgrade at the same time.

(and oh, for the days when AW actually did such things as errata and reprinted cards...)
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
"Frost damage is a scam an armor dealer invented once to make a Beastmaster buy a new fur" - Exid

'No! Winter is coming." - Elementalist