March 28, 2024, 02:31:00 PM

Author Topic: Priest of Abenek  (Read 2981 times)

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
Priest of Abenek
« on: May 28, 2019, 08:29:26 PM »
Priest of Abenek - Undead, Mummy, Cleric

As a full action, Priest of Abenek May place 1 direct damage on a living creature in this zone. If he does, remove 1 damage from a friendly mummy in this zone.

Question: if there are no damaged mummies in Priest’s zone (eg no other mummies and he himself isn’t damaged, etc), can he still use his ability to deal 1 direct damage? Even if there is a damaged mummy, can he opt out of healing? Would have been clearer if there was another “he may” before “remove 1 damage...”
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Arkdeniz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
  • Hated by the Dice
    • View Profile
Re: Priest of Abenek
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 03:20:00 AM »
"As a full action Priest of Abenek may..."

In that sentence there are no conditions that need to be met other than it needs to use a full action. So yes, as written, it can use (wastefully, most likely) a full action to cause 1 damage even if there are no damaged mummies in its zone. Removing a damage is just an extra bonus on top.   
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
"Frost damage is a scam an armor dealer invented once to make a Beastmaster buy a new fur" - Exid

'No! Winter is coming." - Elementalist

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 11:39:53 AM »
I believe Arkdeniz is correct that you may still deal the damage even if there's no damaged mummy.  However, If you do the damage, I don't believe you can opt out of removing a damage from a damaged mummy, that seems to be required if possible.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Arkdeniz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
  • Hated by the Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2019, 07:13:24 PM »
I believe Arkdeniz is correct that you may still deal the damage even if there's no damaged mummy.  However, If you do the damage, I don't believe you can opt out of removing a damage from a damaged mummy, that seems to be required if possible.

I agree with that assessment. There is no ‘may’ in the second sentence.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
"Frost damage is a scam an armor dealer invented once to make a Beastmaster buy a new fur" - Exid

'No! Winter is coming." - Elementalist