April 29, 2024, 09:54:05 AM

Author Topic: trying something else...  (Read 7291 times)

exid

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • The longer the better!
    • View Profile
Re: trying something else...
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2018, 09:01:03 AM »
I received Codex and Spirit Island today!
Well... I'm off for a moment... sure back for a new arena expansion... or one day, who knows...

Thank you AW and everybody on the forum for these great MW-years!
Exid

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2018, 02:45:30 AM »
Well... I'm off for a moment... sure back for a new arena expansion... or one day, who knows...

Exid

I am also searching for alternatives since a while now. I have to admit I found nothing that soaked me in as deep as mage wars. No other game gave me the feeling that every move counts and every situation is the result of my gameplay and planning.

Anyway Spirit island is absolutely great. Characters feel very different and your choices matter (whereas in gloomhaven everything you do is kind of good). I was looking at Codex for several times now, but I am pretty offended by its price to get it in Germany. Please let me know what you think about it! Thanks!

Coming back to this forum makes me remember the good times before paladin or at least before academy. That's sad and happy feelings together. Sad they are over, happy they existed! Thank you all for sharing that time!

Grimstringer

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2018, 12:41:27 PM »

Exid

uh, how is it going with codex?  i dont think it scratches the same itches at all, it's a sum of mechanics(rts,deckbuilding,mtg)   the thing that put me off the most is most cards are carbon copies of mtg cards...