April 29, 2024, 02:39:53 AM

Author Topic: Silence  (Read 11603 times)

ThisIsDeutch

Silence
« on: October 11, 2018, 11:55:57 AM »
Crickets

That is all  ;D

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
Re: Silence
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 12:17:28 PM »
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

ThisIsDeutch

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 06:54:55 AM »
Crickets

That is all  ;D

I heard that!

Keep your voice down!

You’ll wake up the ghosts that haunt the abandoned forums!

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2018, 10:12:30 AM »
I see Tony has been posting on BGG Mage Wars forums recently to answer questions. He is 'LoreChase' on the BGG forums.

I also received email from Arcane Wonders announcing a live broadcast to update fans with the latest product news. I believe it is scheduled for this coming Wednesday. You may want to check your junk email or Promotion folders to see if you received one. Mine went into a Promotion folder in Googlemail which I do not always check every day.
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

ThisIsDeutch

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2018, 10:58:40 AM »

I also received email from Arcane Wonders announcing a live broadcast to update fans with the latest product news. I believe it is scheduled for this coming Wednesday. You may want to check your junk email or Promotion folders to see if you received one. Mine went into a Promotion folder in Googlemail which I do not always check every day.

That’s nice- Coshade released the overview of the Druid academy expansion, but the community is silent on that. Dice Tower Essentials threads on these forums are basically dead at this point as well. We went through the month of September without a single comment on the discussion forums; I’m pretty sure that I’ve been seeing ghosts here for the last month

I got mine in my emails as well, but there really isn’t any point to looking at it: I don’t think they’ll be advertising or making any kind of MW Arena set again

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2018, 11:11:16 AM »
While the lack of enthusiasm and generally the lack of information from official Arcane Wonders employees is concerning, we do at least know that a Monk and a Necromancer are coming to Academy very soon, since it would seem to have been a last-minute decision to release Druid and Elementalist ahead of these other two Academy mages as evidenced by the misprinted menu of pre-release product available at GenCon 2018.

After that, there has been nothing official or even hinted at, to my knowledge, and there has been quite a bit of pessimism regarding the likelihood of any future product made specifically for Arena. At this point, it is unlikely we'll see a new mage, let alone the long-promised "RPG-like" play mode and/or the Archmage Battlegrounds expansion that had some art spoiled a couple years ago.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

ThisIsDeutch

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2018, 11:50:11 AM »
let alone the long-promised "RPG-like" play mode and/or the Archmage Battlegrounds expansion that had some art spoiled a couple years ago.

What frustrates is that this is what they have been doing from the beginning: they released plenty of concept art years ago, so we always knew that the Siren and Male Forcemaster would be released (for example), but it takes them years to actually develop the art into an actual expansion. So here we are, waiting for the last bit of content, but there is so little word of what is going on that we have to wonder whether or not Arcane Wonders is actually going forward with all of this.

TucsonDoug

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2018, 02:50:42 PM »
Monk and Necromancer for Academy? What about Arena?

Arkdeniz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
  • Hated by the Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2018, 03:46:52 PM »

AW clearly consider Academy is the way of the future - being simpler and quicker in concept and play. Given that Academy cards can all be used in Arena, then the view seems to be that both games are being serviced.

Of course, if they thought the academy releases also serviced Arena, it would have been nice if the Academy Elementalist also came packaged with an Arena Elementalist ability card, so we could use the Elementalist in the arena as well. Just one extra card and we all would have been very happy...
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
"Frost damage is a scam an armor dealer invented once to make a Beastmaster buy a new fur" - Exid

'No! Winter is coming." - Elementalist

TucsonDoug

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2018, 05:29:43 PM »
I honestly would be okay with that. Assuming they also threw in some proper conjurations as well, and maybe some zone enchantments. But it'd be better if they gave Mage Wars Arena some proper love too.

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2018, 05:34:11 PM »
They abandoned Arena at gen con guys. Arena gets nothing else. Hence the silence. Arena players are pissed off. And rightly so says I. That's why I'm not here anymore.
I love this game. Its awesome!

ThisIsDeutch

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2018, 05:03:31 AM »
They abandoned Arena at gen con guys. Arena gets nothing else. Hence the silence. Arena players are pissed off. And rightly so says I. That's why I'm not here anymore.

Lol I don’t think I would have ever expected you to say something like this here on the forums  :-\ You were always one of the more optimistic and loyal customers to the Mage Wars brand.

it would have been nice if the Academy Elementalist also came packaged with an Arena Elementalist ability card, so we could use the Elementalist in the arena as well. Just one extra card and we all would have been very happy...

Probably too much work for them  ::)

Iudicium86

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2018, 06:14:57 AM »

AW clearly consider Academy is the way of the future - being simpler and quicker in concept and play. Given that Academy cards can all be used in Arena, then the view seems to be that both games are being serviced.

Of course, if they thought the academy releases also serviced Arena, it would have been nice if the Academy Elementalist also came packaged with an Arena Elementalist ability card, so we could use the Elementalist in the arena as well. Just one extra card and we all would have been very happy...

This would be the better approach if the plan behind the scenes is to wind down Arena support in favor of Academy. Expand on the Academy sets to include an Arena-based ability card for the mage in question, and at least a few proper Arena-focused cards in the set as well to go along. Adding maybe 20 cards or so to the current normal size for an Academy pack. I'd even be willing to pay a little more for that add on within each Academy expansion. Like $5 more easy.
  • Favourite Mage: Arraxian Crown Warlock

Bjorne

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2018, 06:25:28 AM »
Arena was a great game, one of the best ever. Academy doesn't even come close IMO. I really hope they restart Arena or sell the IP to someone who actually wants to.

Karadox

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2018, 07:26:02 AM »
If that's really true, no more arena expansions.
I will not buy any more academy poducts or anything else from aw.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
The Night is Dark and full of fright.