April 28, 2024, 09:39:05 PM

Author Topic: Noob wtb promo cards.  (Read 2778 times)

Joshua87

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Noob wtb promo cards.
« on: August 02, 2018, 04:49:47 AM »
Hi all

Even though I purchased the game 4-5 years ago I've only just started playing. We have always been at least 3 guys when we play boardgames but 1 of them recently moved, so now was the time.

We are crazy about the game and I got all the expansions I could get incl. The academy series. There are still some cards I would like to get/try. I see you guys play with them in your Youtube videos on Werekingdom, Sharkbait/Arcane duels and Keejchen. They are from the Promo series.

Do any of you know a place where I could still get my hands on the Promo Series? I don't mind used cards as long as they are in an ok condition.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 04:53:43 AM by Joshua87 »

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
Re: Noob wtb promo cards.
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 09:10:42 AM »
Hey bud! Promos are a strange thing with mage wars. You can most often get them in organized play, like at gencon. They're also used to be a place in the product store where you could buy the 2 promo sets that there were. The rest you got from pre ordering and such. That's how i got mine anyway.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
I love this game. Its awesome!

Kelanen

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 12:02:59 PM »
The thing to remember is the MW promos aren't exclusives - they are essentially pre-releases. All promos make their way into main sets (Lost Grimoire was in fact 50% promos getting main release).

Joshua87

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2018, 12:29:13 PM »
So I just need patience and they will turn up eventually :) That's good to now