March 28, 2024, 09:16:55 AM

Author Topic: Spear girl better  (Read 6592 times)

Jbuzzsaw79

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Spear girl better
« on: July 27, 2018, 11:17:30 AM »
I would like to see Artemis changed to having a 2 dice quick attack while other holy spear attack stays the same.  I said this to at least another who said bad cards are just part of game and they don't want to fix them but y not don't need to op just use able is all I mean y have 2 attacKS which basically do same. You will never pick one cause there the same die nut one is far better effect for same action.  Also change range on second attack to be range 0-1 also while full round would be same.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 11:34:11 AM by Jbuzzsaw79 »
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

Arkdeniz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
  • Hated by the Dice
    • View Profile
Re: Spear girl better
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2018, 03:43:51 AM »
Sometimes that 1 mana cost is just too much.

Also, she's blind. Being helpless at melee range seems fair enough to me. No need to give her a range 0 attack.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
"Frost damage is a scam an armor dealer invented once to make a Beastmaster buy a new fur" - Exid

'No! Winter is coming." - Elementalist

Kelanen

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 06:36:37 AM »
Sometimes that 1 mana cost is just too much.

Also, she's blind. Being helpless at melee range seems fair enough to me. No need to give her a range 0 attack.

Yeah, I think she's right as she is. You also part pay up front in her cost. She's hardly metagame dominating.

Jbuzzsaw79

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2018, 07:46:35 AM »
I know not meta game changing but y not make her more used, blind people are not helpless in melee, ask one they can give good guess where someone is maybe not 100% but pretty good.  A better way would even be a chance to hit like a daze chance 7+ or u miss basicly
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2018, 08:18:55 AM »
I love Artemis... she has her flaws, but that makes it more fun and challenging to use her. She has some niche abilities that are good. To give her effectiveness at range zero also would seem to make her undercosted to me.

She's in my Priestess book for a few reasons... she complements the other spells there very well. Maybe it is that you are looking at her alone, and not considering what she can do in conjunction with the rest of a book?
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

Arkdeniz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
  • Hated by the Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2018, 05:13:06 PM »
I love Artemis... she has her flaws, but that makes it more fun and challenging to use her. She has some niche abilities that are good. To give her effectiveness at range zero also would seem to make her undercosted to me.

She's in my Priestess book for a few reasons... she complements the other spells there very well. Maybe it is that you are looking at her alone, and not considering what she can do in conjunction with the rest of a book?

She is an absolute ace when it comes to hunting Necromancers skulking about in their Cloaks of Shadows.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
"Frost damage is a scam an armor dealer invented once to make a Beastmaster buy a new fur" - Exid

'No! Winter is coming." - Elementalist

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2018, 06:59:35 PM »

She is an absolute ace when it comes to hunting Necromancers skulking about in their Cloaks of Shadows.

Yes, I like her especially against Necromancers and Forcemasters, but also against any book with small creatures that she can kill in one shot, and those with flying creatures.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 07:01:14 PM by DaveW »
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess