April 27, 2024, 05:01:53 PM

Author Topic: Ideas for New Traits  (Read 4316 times)

Obsidian Soul

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Ideas for New Traits
« on: June 01, 2018, 10:15:25 PM »
I was just wondering if anyone was willing to share ideas for new traits.  I will share one of my own.

Reincarnation

When a living creature with the Reincarnation trait suffers any form of destruction, their controlling player may immediately go through their spellbook for a new living creature with the Reincarnation trait and cast it without using an action, reducing the mana cost of the new living creature with Reincarnation by the level of the old living creature with Reincarnation.  Their controlling player may place the new living creature with Reincarnation in the same zone as their mage or in the zone of the old living creature with Reincarnation.  Finally, living creatures with Reincarnation are immune to the Devour trait and creatures with the Devour trait that destroy living creatures with Reincarnation do not gain any benefits from the Devour trait.

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Ideas for New Traits
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2018, 06:46:11 AM »
Personally, I could think of some... but I think the game needs fewer traits, rather than more.
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

Kelanen

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 01:13:43 PM »
I think the game definitely needs more, and some more complex ones. It's stagnant.

Grapple was a good example, whilst Trample was a good idea badly implemented. But definitely more traits - happily every expansion has them.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2018, 10:00:35 PM »
Would like to see the much fabled skirmish trait at some point. Also would like an underground trait. As in, the object is below ground.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

• Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Obsidian Soul

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2018, 11:24:20 PM »
I imagine that a Skirmish trait might give creatures improve melee attacks against minor creatures while I imagine an Underground trait might give improved defenses against ranged attacks.  A creature with Skirmisher 1 might receive +1 Charge and +1 Melee against minor creatures because they are trained to deal with weaker enemies.  A creature with Underground 1 might receive Aegis 1 and +1 Amor against ranged attacks because they are harder to target and receive protection from a protective layer of soil.

Robintheboywonder

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2018, 05:21:31 PM »
New trait: Intoxicated

creature has permanent daze effect, has infinite dodge maybe 8 or 9 +, and lumbering, so it cant move twice but it still can move and attack.

creatures: the Drunken Monk, school: mind or holy. The Inebriated Demon school: dark. The Lightweight Knight, school: war.

New trait: tether or essence tether

creature binds to another creature, either friendly or enemy. If the bound creature moves 3 or more zones away, the tether contracts the bound creature o the zone of the creature with tether trait

this can be a trait placed on a creature with an enchantment or some arcane type  of creature's trait

New trait: Silence

Silenced creature cannot cast full action spell. quickcast spell can only be cast as a full action. Note: making a Mage unable to cast any spells would be quite OP, but would be a better represintaion of Silence.

This could be an echantment with dissipate 1 so just the round; or incantation which last until end of round(as all incantations do) or until after the creature's action phase, meaning a creature just cant use a full action that round and u could postpone their QQ action to after they have acted rather than before so it could be useful.

I see this as either Arcane, Mind, or Dark school type card/trait

Terrazas

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2018, 09:03:10 AM »
I would like to see the traits we have already expanded on

Robintheboywonder

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2018, 09:58:51 PM »
This would be a new trait for creatures with the flying trait to use called Lift. This will function like grapple but for flying creatures. A flying creature could have a quick action attack for its normal attack, as well as a full action with an effect roll to possibly lift the attacked creature into the air with it. Because a creature is being scooped up into the air if it is lifted it does not get to counterstrike if the roll for lift is a success. On the flying creatures next activation it must drop the lift creature, this counts as the flying creatures full action, it does not get to move to a new zone nor attack after dropping the enemy. The dropped enemy can either recieve damage with a 3 dice roll (bash attack), or take a slam token, or both. This depends on what will be the balanced or as close to balanced as it can be.

While the flying creature is lifting its prey, if it takes damage equal to its level or level plus 1 it will dropped the prey applying damage and effect to the prey. The flying creature will also lose its flying trait and gain a slam condition. While lifting a flying creature cannot make a dodge roll, any spells such as block or redirect still work, but the creature cannot use its own dodge or one given to it through any spell effect e.g. cobra reflexes.

If the prey activates it can only attack the Lifter, the attack rolls one less di. The flying creature cannot Lift a creature which is uncontainable, unmoveable, or restrained

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2018, 10:39:27 AM »
This would be a new trait for creatures with the flying trait to use called Lift. This will function like grapple but for flying creatures. A flying creature could have a quick action attack for its normal attack, as well as a full action with an effect roll to possibly lift the attacked creature into the air with it. Because a creature is being scooped up into the air if it is lifted it does not get to counterstrike if the roll for lift is a success. On the flying creatures next activation it must drop the lift creature, this counts as the flying creatures full action, it does not get to move to a new zone nor attack after dropping the enemy. The dropped enemy can either recieve damage with a 3 dice roll (bash attack), or take a slam token, or both. This depends on what will be the balanced or as close to balanced as it can be.

While the flying creature is lifting its prey, if it takes damage equal to its level or level plus 1 it will dropped the prey applying damage and effect to the prey. The flying creature will also lose its flying trait and gain a slam condition. While lifting a flying creature cannot make a dodge roll, any spells such as block or redirect still work, but the creature cannot use its own dodge or one given to it through any spell effect e.g. cobra reflexes.

If the prey activates it can only attack the Lifter, the attack rolls one less di. The flying creature cannot Lift a creature which is uncontainable, unmoveable, or restrained
This type of effect might be easier to implement by just giving the current Grapple trait to a Flying creature. In this way a whole new set of interaction rules are not needed.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

Beldin

• The Craziest
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2018, 03:58:52 AM »
I think the game definitely needs more, and some more complex ones. It's stagnant.

Grapple was a good example, whilst Trample was a good idea badly implemented. But definitely more traits - happily every expansion has them.

+1

Swooping: a flying creature with swooping may leave the arena as a full turn action. Leave the creature where it is and place a swooping counter on it. This creature cannot be targeted by spells or attacks. Next turn the controlling mage may pay 2 mana per zone and this creature moves as a teleport. This creature may gain bonuses, as if it had moved into this zone.