April 18, 2024, 01:42:57 PM

Author Topic: Origins 2018 Academy  (Read 4367 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Origins 2018 Academy
« on: April 04, 2018, 06:40:49 PM »
Hi. I've decided to host a Mage Wars Academy tournament at Origins this year. It will be an unofficial, round robin tournament with no time limits. The winner will get a magical college diploma (trophy shaped like a scroll).

Spellbook list submission deadline is before the tournament starts. Only Academy sets released at least a month before the tournament will be legal.

If you would like to attend, let me know by pm, email or facebook and what days or times you would prefer for the tournament to be held.

I'm thinking the tournament will most likely be held in the early to mid afternoon on Wednesday June 13th (day 1/5 of the con) in the mage wars section of the open gaming hall.

This is because that way it will be out of the way quickly for those of you who want to have as much time as you can to practice for Arena afterwards, and you won't have any less time to practice on site than other years. (Since origins was previously 4 days long instead of 5).

Let's make it happen! :D
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 08:24:52 PM by Sailor Vulcan »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
Re: Origins 2018 Academy
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 08:45:59 PM »
as a suggestion, perhaps find out when folks will be making it. some may not be able to get there day 1. the Thursday afternoon slot would probably be a better fit. just guessing however. see who responds and what their availability is and go from there.

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 09:08:10 PM »
as a suggestion, perhaps find out when folks will be making it. some may not be able to get there day 1. the Thursday afternoon slot would probably be a better fit. just guessing however. see who responds and what their availability is and go from there.
Maybe. But to be honest I'm worried if I set up for Thursday no Arena players will want to participate because they'll want to practice for arena. Considering that there's only like maybe 10 people on octgn who still play Academy on rare occasion and probably a lot less, I want to make sure it's on a day where it doesn't conflict with Arena practice. And if I pick Sunday people will be too tired and lots of people will be leaving by then. Putting it on the extra day that wasn't part of the con until this year might solve that problem I hope. But if that doesn't work for people I can change it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 09:12:16 AM »
I was planning to do arena on Saturday.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018, 12:41:45 PM »
I was planning to do arena on Saturday.
Yeah, I know. But most mage wars players prefer arena, and I'm worried even fewer people will participate in academy tournament if it overlaps with their Arena practice time. That's why I tentatively picked Wednesday afternoon. If people don't like that I'll put it at some other time.

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2018, 12:54:03 PM »
So nobody wants to play? Guess I'm gonna have to cancel this...