April 29, 2024, 04:04:56 AM

Author Topic: Magma golem  (Read 3859 times)

Jock McFistpunch

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Magma golem
« on: March 28, 2018, 10:41:59 AM »
I just got the Lost Grimore and have a question about the Magma Golem. It says burn tokens hurt other creatures in the zone. Does that mean I would roll to see if the burn tokens on the Golem goes out, and if it doesn't I get to choose which creature takes the hit?

farkas1

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: Magma golem
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 11:12:05 AM »
You get a burn at beginning of up keep and roll for all burns.  All creatures in the zone that are not flame immune take the same amount of damage.  And yea if the burns do not stick they go away like a regular burn condition.  It could hurt your own creatures as well. 

I have a Siren book named Moana FIRE LORD of death that uses the golem and my other siren shenanigans themed after the highly inspirational Disney movie Moana .  It is fairly effective, mostly a theme build but I need to put him in a warlock build to better use the synergy With the flame immune demons to make it competitive.  The slow is a problem to pull it off but sometimes it works to your advantage bc opponents leave him alone and u can build up those burns. 
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 11:17:10 AM by farkas1 »
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 08:05:20 PM »
I can attest that it is effective. I mentioned this match up in the winter war event summary. it was really a lot of fun and consternation to face this with a silly forcemaster. it was a close match, and a lot of fun trying to keep my thoughtspores from melting.

SirJasonCrage

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2018, 11:24:09 PM »
How do you prevent the golem from dying?
I'd love to use him in my Dwarf, but I always find the iron golems to be much more durable and effective because the magmas keep dying :(

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2018, 11:20:01 AM »
The burn on the golem specifically impacts all other creatures in its zone... not the golem, so you don’t have to worry about the burns killing it.
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

SirJasonCrage

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2018, 12:52:09 PM »
I worry about the opponent killing it.

Becaus that's what my opponents did.

farkas1

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2018, 03:45:39 PM »
Yea the magma golem is going to either be targeted or avoided from my experience.  mostly I come across players  avoiding the magma golem bc of his slow trait.  That said if you are playing the magma golem you are looking to try and do as much damage as you can as quickly as you can to do this.  So either dealing with the threats or using the golem take down the biggest threats.  You have to be flexible.  I often run healing Madrigal with my siren if he does happen to be in the same zone as my mage or other creatures.  The mage and/ or other creatures could guard if needed to help decrease the amount of damage being done on the golem.  If using warlord I recommend a panzer gaurd with the healing Madrigal to help keep ur stuff alive. 

I like lesser teleport, push, and/ or teleport to get him into position.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

exid

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • The longer the better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2018, 04:42:59 AM »
I have to try this golem!!!

Arkdeniz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
  • Hated by the Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2018, 06:23:06 AM »
I have to try this golem!!!

You should. It is fun. Not optimal, but fun.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
"Frost damage is a scam an armor dealer invented once to make a Beastmaster buy a new fur" - Exid

'No! Winter is coming." - Elementalist

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2018, 09:16:38 AM »
If you can avoid it for 2-3 turns its armor will mostly be gone, at which point you can focus fire it to try to kill it in one turn so the burns don’t impact you much.
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess