April 26, 2024, 08:20:06 AM

Author Topic: Origins 2018  (Read 17052 times)

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
Origins 2018
« on: March 18, 2018, 11:58:07 PM »
So as I'm gonna be in town for Origins I thought I'd do what I'm famous for and arrange a little tournament. Anyone up for it if I do? Oh I uh don't think I'll judge it though, think I'll play.  8) Note this won't be a sanctioned Arcane Wonders event, but a casual event just to see who's best at Origins? Yeah we can manage that.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
Re: Origins 2018
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 12:32:57 AM »
sounds great. i know last year it was not official and we had a lot of folks show up for the impromptu event. no judges, but the group had a consensus for the very few questions that came up. it was such a great time too. shout out to the st louis crew who made the really long round trip just for the event.

i will see if i can get off work for this, but most likely should be able to make it.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 10:27:38 AM »
At least two, maybe four, mage warriors from Charlotte will compete in this.
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 05:55:16 AM »
I will route for Queen of Undead - Charlotte Necromancer :)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 08:52:00 AM »
I will route for Queen of Undead - Charlotte Necromancer :)

She's sitting Origins out. going to multiple "big cons" a year isn't easy in terms of getting time off work and the financial costs associated. So Jimillia will be waiting for Gen Con.

wlmiv

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2018, 10:44:41 AM »
I am considering attending Origins.

I really would like to play a game of Mage Wars. I rarely get a chance to do so, but it is one of my favorite games.

Are there any open spots available? Securing a game of Mage Wars would likely seal my decision to attend.

I have not played in a while, but will go over the rules if we can arrange for a game at Origins.

If you move forward with a Mage Wars event, will you provide the gaming material?

Thank you.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2018, 06:25:31 PM »
Oh I think we can guarantee a match or two. Matter of fact why don't we do this: The tournament will be Saturday night after the dealers room closes. Friday night we'll get together, group or us, and get as many practice games in we need. It worked great at Gen Con.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 06:42:38 PM by silverclawgrizzly »

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2018, 06:42:53 PM »
Oh and of course I'll be providing game materials.

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2018, 11:47:52 PM »
last year we played a ton of games before the actual informal event. so you can bet folks will want to play. you will get in many games over the con.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2018, 07:29:18 PM »
Also, Origins is now a day longer than it used to be. It's 5 days instead of 4. I'm thinking I'll host some kind of Academy event if anyone's interested. It depends on how many participants I get. It would probably just be a casual round robin tournament. I don't know what I should get for prize support though since I have limited funds...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

• Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

wlmiv

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2018, 10:38:05 AM »
I will be at Origins from Wednesday to Saturday night. I am from out of town. The people I am coming with do not want to stay for a half-day on Sunday. If you want to play a game on Friday, please mark me down.

However, I would like to know what time play will be scheduled, because I would like plan my personal schedule around a game of Mage Wars.

Also, I will not be able to bring my copy of Mage Wars with me. Will someone have a copy that we cane use?

Thank you.

wlmiv

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2018, 08:28:09 PM »
Have you been able to distinguish a time and location for a game of Mage Wars? I would like a game, but am not good enough for the tournament. You said Friday June 15 would be the day for informal playing after the dealer room is closed. I believe this is around 6pm but I am not certain. Where and what time do you plan on meeting to play a game of Mage Wars? I would like to know. I would like to plan around this informal Mage Wars event and I also have to coordinate with my ride (I am not staying in the center of the city). Thank you.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2018, 11:52:43 AM »
Sorry for the delay. Let's have the tournament Saturday at 6pm in the open game area. Hopefully that allows for the majority to be able to play. Entry is free.

wlmiv

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2018, 09:32:30 AM »
Unfortunately, I am unable to play on Saturday as we are leaving the convention at 6pm.

I have free time in my schedule on Wednesday staring at 8pm. Would anyone be willing to play then? Please let me know.

I wish Arcane put a little more effort or support into Mage Wars, especially running events at Origins.

Anyway, please let me know. The date draws close.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2018, 09:44:07 AM »
Give me a bit. We may do it on Friday.