March 28, 2024, 06:39:01 AM

Author Topic: Enfeeable  (Read 5307 times)

halvor

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Enfeeable
« on: October 07, 2012, 10:59:08 PM »
Recently played a creature heavy Wizard and I saw how nastly slow is for a trait.

If Enfeeble is cast on a mage, can they not take a quick action after moving, just like any other creature?  

Also I assume this means, if the mage does not move, they still get their quick action and full action.

Rumsey

• Playtester
  • Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Enfeeable
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 11:12:38 PM »
I would say that you are partially right.  If the slowed Mage moved, then they would have no quick action available, however this does not affect the use of the quickcast action (black token).  It could still be used before or after the activation of the Mage.  If the mage does not move then they act as normal.

halvor

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 12:25:18 AM »
On page 43 it says that at quick spell requires a quick action to cast it.

So I think a mage with slow trait can not cast a quickcast after he moves.

However if a mage casts a quickcast first, can he move? It is unclear.

Rumsey

• Playtester
  • Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 12:41:48 AM »
You have to remember that the quickcast action and the quick.action are two different things. The quickcast action marker (black) can be used during the first quickcast phase, directly before or after you activate a creature (mage included) or during the last quickcast phase. If the mage decides to move and has the quickcast marker still available,  he could use the quickcast marker then move with no following quick action or move with no following quick action but still use the quickcast marker after.  If the mage does not move, then the actions are taken as per normal book standards.

halvor

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 09:34:24 AM »
Rumsey, Thank you for the response. You are correct! My friend and I have been playing the game wrong. I was not aware you could move and quickcast twice (one for full action and one for quickcast). This will make my mage way more mobile!

Here is a post from a moderator thuzl I found which explains it:

Klaxas is correct. There is currently no way to move and cast a full spell as part of a normal set of actions.

Your Mage may:
Full Spell + Quick Spell
(Move) Quick Spell + Quick Spell
(Move) Quick Action + Quick Spell
Full Action + Quick Spell

Movement is optional on the two middle items.

piousflea

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 10:00:53 AM »
Rumsey is correct, the Quickcast marker is totally separate from your normal action marker.

If you hadn't already used the quickcast marker you can always use it during your action to cast a quick spell. You can cast non-attack quick spells even while stunned / incapacitated.

On the other hand, the mages regular action marker would act the same as any other creature. If he is Slowed then you cannot move and quick action during the same regular action. You would have to use the action marker to move - and then use the quickcast marker to cast.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 11:36:29 AM »
:cheer: Good to see you got it down. :cheer:
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage