March 29, 2024, 03:46:10 AM

Author Topic: How to use Force master's Stalker  (Read 5678 times)

Jock McFistpunch

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
How to use Force master's Stalker
« on: March 06, 2018, 10:43:54 AM »
So the Invisible Stalker seems to be the Force master's go to creature for me, but I would like to buff it. What cards work well with it? I know the Stalker would have to attack something before my mage could enchant it, but it seems most enchantments are for living creatures. Anyone have a combo that works well?

Grimstringer

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: How to use Force master's Stalker
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 12:35:46 PM »
use symbiotic orb or fumble/confusion so the stalker doesnt get damaged

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 12:45:37 PM »
Redistributed power i think is one of the only beneficial enchants it can have i think. I dunno if desperate focus is mage only.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
I love this game. Its awesome!

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 01:30:01 PM »
Redistributed Power from Forcemaster Academy is the best buff for the Stalker.  Marked for Death will benefit him as well, but is more useful when you have lots of creatures and I would recommend it if you plan to run the Force, Construct creatures with the Stalker.

Defensively, Symbiotic Orb can prevent him from being melee attacked and Dispel can get rid of an Agony on him. (note he cannot be nullified or have block or reverse attack on him...because "reasons"  :P)

What you should really plan to do with the Stalker is force your opponent to make poor tactical decisions.  Supplement the Stalker with the threat of Force Pull and with Mind Seize or Mind Control.  Always pass until the last possible moment with the Stalker.  Use it as late as possible and you have to be okay with not attacking if that wizard has saved his action for last and not used the quick cast marker.  Make him waste a turn trying to deal with the Stalker. The Stalker excels at annihilating creatures that are out of position with no backup.  Make that situation happen more often than it should.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

SirJasonCrage

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 01:43:28 PM »
Far as I know, Demonic Bloodlust as well as Ballad of Courage work on him.

Arkdeniz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
  • Hated by the Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2018, 02:26:32 PM »
I would not use Demonic Bloodlust on the Stalker. Its strikes should be used quite surgically, and Bloodthirsty reduces your control.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
"Frost damage is a scam an armor dealer invented once to make a Beastmaster buy a new fur" - Exid

'No! Winter is coming." - Elementalist

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2018, 02:27:53 PM »
Far as I know, Demonic Bloodlust as well as Ballad of Courage work on him.

Both true! It would be interesting to see how those get used. I think the spellbook cost might make ballad not the best choice and demonic bloodlust would hamper his main benefit of being able to hit any target you want.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster