April 29, 2024, 10:23:17 AM

Author Topic: Push Errata?  (Read 2389 times)

werner

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Push Errata?
« on: February 27, 2018, 08:01:40 AM »
Greetings, I've recently gotten back into the game (always loved it, but time was scarce).  I was wondering if there were any updates/errata to Push (Wall of Thorns), namely, do I (as the caster) pay the extra wall-dmg-cost if I JETSTREAM push or is it still FREE wall-dmg?

(Not talking about "Bash.")
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 08:04:11 AM by werner »

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
Re: Push Errata?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 08:50:31 AM »
What extra wall damage cost are you talking about? I'm not sure I understand the question, but I'll make an attempt to answer anyways.

The Push effect does not have any inherent cost nor does its non-existent inherent cost ever get modified by what the creature encounters during its travels. I think you may be confusing the Push effect with the Push incantation. Things like Jetstream can definitely push a creature into or through a wall (depending on whether the wall has the Passage Blocked trait or not).

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 03:39:20 PM »
I think he is asking if the Jetstream pushes through a passage attacks wall does he have to pay extra mana for the Jetstream. i am pretty sure the answer is no he does not. the push will happen without any additional costs.

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 04:07:29 PM »
If having to spend extra mana is specifically mentioned in the spell text (as with Force Push or Force Wave) in question, then yes... you spend extra mana. If not (as with Jet Stream), then no. Note that some spells (Cascading Force Wave, for instance) specifically mention that you can't push through any kind of wall. Go blow your opponents away through those nasty walls!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 04:10:35 PM by DaveW »
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess