April 26, 2024, 06:04:37 PM

Author Topic: Is decoy an important spell to have?  (Read 7886 times)

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
Re: Is decoy an important spell to have?
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2018, 08:53:14 PM »
That was my point. If they use am arcane ward to try and clear off your arcane ward, and it was a decoy instead, then they have now protected your enchant from whatever they were trying to follow up their AW with.

Sort of.  On a mandatory reveal you are always allowed to choose not to pay the cost and discard the spell without effect.  So your opponent could choose not to pay the 0 mana and discard the ward in order to play a different spell on the non-mage object.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2018, 10:28:55 PM »
That was my point. If they use am arcane ward to try and clear off your arcane ward, and it was a decoy instead, then they have now protected your enchant from whatever they were trying to follow up their AW with.

Sort of.  On a mandatory reveal you are always allowed to choose not to pay the cost and discard the spell without effect.  So your opponent could choose not to pay the 0 mana and discard the ward in order to play a different spell on the non-mage object.

This is correct.

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2018, 10:34:48 PM »
That's true, but in that case they wasted half the arcane ward and shoulda used a decoy instead ;)
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
I love this game. Its awesome!