March 28, 2024, 03:49:00 PM

Author Topic: Illusionist  (Read 5007 times)

Karadox

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Illusionist
« on: January 05, 2018, 08:46:09 AM »
Illusionist
34 Life 10 Mana

Training:  Mind
Attributes
Master of illusions: Whenever the illusionist summons a non-mind creature, he must either put a "Real" or "Ilusion's marker" on this creature.
When this creature receive damaged his marker must be revealed, on "Real" the marker is simply removed,
 on "Ilusion" the illusionist has to take the creature back into his spellbook and gets mana equal to the casting cost minus the level of this creature.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 08:48:25 AM by Karadox »
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
The Night is Dark and full of fright.

Obsidian Soul

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: Illusionist
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 09:28:35 AM »
I think that the Illusionist should have the ability to cast Creatures as Illusions (meaning that the Creatures can be cast as a quick spell), but illusionary creatures would receive Dissapate (7-level) and an illusion token (giving them Nonliving and Aegis 1). Illusionists should also have the ability to purchase extra Dissapate tokens on an illusion during upkeep by spending (level of card) mana.

Karadox

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 09:39:34 AM »
The enemy does not know if the creature is real or an illusion until it receives damage, my
with my version of the illusionist you can play with your opponent, he never knows if and when a real creature or illusion comes into play.
There can be both versions as alternative mages:-)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 10:00:32 AM »
Personally I think an illusionist should be about, you know, actually using illusions. If you're not messing with the oppponents mind it's not an illusionist.

An illusion can't actually harm you because it's not really there. It's purpose is to fool you, make you think there's something there that isnt, or to hide an object's or their own true form.

With that in mind, an illusionist should be able to cast any spell in their deck as an "illusion", but as soon as it interacts with anything that isn't an illusion in any way, it disappears and they regain most of the mana they spent on it. So you could have an illusion hand of bim heal an illusion  ehren and then when they attack ehren ehren disappears so they know he was an illusion, and then they also know that hand of bim was an illusion too.

And every time the illusionist casts a spell, they would put a token on it, with one side saying either "real" or "illusion" and the other side blank. Whenever one of their spells interacts with a non illusion spell or object, they must flip the token to the non-blank side.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 10:05:12 AM by Sailor Vulcan »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Karadox

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 10:21:07 AM »
My idea goes in your direction Sailor, but I think that illusion creatures they should too damage.
So in the art as long as you believe it's real, you feel pain too...

But I understand on the other hand your standpunt the illusions can not harm.
Regarding cunjurations, I thought they should be manipulated by enchantments.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 05:42:14 PM by Karadox »