April 19, 2024, 04:00:40 AM

Author Topic: favorite conjuration  (Read 18111 times)

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
Re: favorite conjuration
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2017, 11:39:10 PM »
it is not about power or anything. renewing spring is my favorite conjuration. you all are very welcome to your clearly wrong opinions.

SirJasonCrage

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2017, 05:32:17 AM »
I think the point where you're forced to use a full action to heal is the point you lose control over the game.
As such, I don't really like the spring.
If I'm swarming, my creatures don't usually survive getting hit.
If I'm using big creatures, I don't want to lose pressure by having them walk away and drink.
If I'm solo, I need the actions.

What I really do love is the wardstone.
As a Solo Curselock main, I really love it when people start using Remove Curse only to remove two pf their four curses.
I love how they struggle to find a way around my Mongoose, Savagery, Bear, Cheetah Mage, knowing full well that they can't purge me.

Praise the stones.

Kelanen

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2017, 05:33:40 AM »
I prefer a Group Heal or Group Mend to Spring...

Arkdeniz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
  • Hated by the Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2017, 08:42:54 PM »
it is not about power or anything. renewing spring is my favorite conjuration. you all are very welcome to your clearly wrong opinions.

Hi Zot

I am intrigued as to why the Renewing Spring is your favourite conjuration. It seems you have strong feelings about it. Could you please spread the Word to us unbelievers? 
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
"Frost damage is a scam an armor dealer invented once to make a Beastmaster buy a new fur" - Exid

'No! Winter is coming." - Elementalist

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2017, 09:10:29 PM »
He will still respond but I've seen him use it in everything from wizard to warlord. Its just a workhorse card that does so many things for such little cost. Uts 6 mana for 12 health! That's insane value! If course the true cost is in the actions it takes to activate the spring, but if all you do from then on is heal twice its paid for itself in spades. If it removes one condition in addition to the free 3 dice its paid for itself period.
This card is core guys, from before cure, before merridias blessing, before healing wand even. Rain cloud, mend, extinguish, this thing predates them all. And back in the dark days the renewing spring did WORK! specifically rare work at the time. Short answer id bet, is that her likes it cuz it's fucking awesome! Lol! But maybe I'm wrong and thats just me. Well see.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
I love this game. Its awesome!

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2017, 10:06:12 PM »

i like the artwork.

Arkdeniz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
  • Hated by the Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2017, 10:50:35 PM »

i like the artwork.

Well played, sir.

And Merry Christmas to you all!
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
"Frost damage is a scam an armor dealer invented once to make a Beastmaster buy a new fur" - Exid

'No! Winter is coming." - Elementalist

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2017, 11:14:15 PM »
merry christmas to all indeed.

actually i think the rs is vastly underrated by many who have pointed out what they see as drawbacks. romeoxero has aptly pointed out the strengths for rs. arcane duels has me on video stating how much i like this spell. i can indeed credit this one card for multiple tournament match wins that likely would have been losses had i not used it. however others have their own experiences so mileage may vary.

the real trick is knowing when to cast it and where. i recall one match, i think 2014, where a forcemaster had cast force hold on my wizard.  so i cast the spring, and a wizard tower. he was pounding me with a large creature, maybe a bear. i spent some rounds sucking the spring dry while hammering the bear with the tower. once i eliminated the bear threat, the fm finally let the hold drop and i chased him into the corner and finished him off. after the match he asked why i did not dispel the hold as he expected. i told him it was great that he was spending 4 mana upkeep to lock me where i wanted to be anyway. that is just one example. another of many, is in my 2015 match against sharkbait. his trogdor warlock came out of the gate super agressive and lit me up. again as a wizard. he had me one or two points from dead at one point. the spring bought me just enough time to turn the corner and take control of the game, and i was able to kill his warlock.

you can say how about adding a few heals, or regen, or other healing cards. i had regen going most likely. and heals offset one enhanced fireball. so at 4 sbp each, not running a playset of them, but my opponent certainly is running a playset of fireballs and a host of other attack spells. so two fire spells a round versus my shield, regen, some armor plus the spring allowed me to substitute actions for sbp. once i was able to outlast the damage fury, my opponent was super low on offense while i was just getting started. a few healing spells are not nearly enough to outlast a highly agressive mage imo. i am super happy more opponents do not run the spring.

again your mileage may vary, but the spring has and will continue to work for me.

« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 03:52:01 PM by zot »

Obsidian Soul

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2017, 09:28:25 AM »
I rarely use Renewing Spring because it is unnecessary for the mages that I tend to play (Priestess and Paladin have better healing, as do Druid and Beastmaster).  My favorite conjurations are Mana Crystal, followed by Mana Flowers, followed by Vine Tree.

Beldin

• The Craziest
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2017, 09:40:58 AM »
I use Renewing spring as a coaster for my drink when I am building books that use better options than this card.

I tell a lie I have placed it in a book, as card stock for playtest proxies ;P

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2017, 09:43:09 AM »
wow, though it did make me laugh.

to the back of the line with you, and let everyone else who is sent back there ahead of you for your crime.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 09:45:12 AM by zot »

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2017, 07:42:41 AM »
Forgot to mention, purely for multiplayer domination, I have an Altar of the Iton Guard in almost every book - including Druid, who pays triple. It's just so efficient, and strong in this format (basically an auto Rouse whenever you need a guard) and because it's legendary, there is often a race to get one in play. Often comes out during T1 opening QC, which would otherwise be a spawn point or mana generator.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Drefan

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2017, 01:58:02 PM »
Vine tree duh!

Besides that one, I'd say Pillar of Righteous Flame for obv reasons :)
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
Octagon user: Drefan

littlenog

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2018, 03:11:55 AM »
Mana Flower or Mana Crystal they find a way into almost every deck I make.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2018, 08:43:04 AM »
I keep trying to make spellbooks without battle forge, and somehow every time it finds its way back in after testing. I am getting kind of tired of battle forge, but it's too useful not to include in most of the kinds of strategies I come up with. :/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

• Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.