April 29, 2024, 03:26:57 AM

Author Topic: Adramelech Warlock Burning Pinata: Experimental Opening  (Read 3524 times)

Werekingdom

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Adramelech Warlock Burning Pinata: Experimental Opening
« on: August 19, 2017, 12:14:40 AM »
Adramelech Warlock Burning Pinata (Experimental Opening)

Hey guys,

So this is a experimental opening for the adramelech warlock.
The idea behind this deck is to have high channeling, curse then burn and equipment that make your mage painful to attack.

THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS

Option: 1. (best if you go second)
T1: 19. Mana Crystal -5, Mana Crystal -5,
T2: 20. BF -8 b2, Mana Siphon -12 a2?
T3: 11.  >Ring of Curses -1, Adramelech's Touch -4, Attack with mage (try to burn). (if the enemy mage is not coming forward then run and magebane him).
T4: 17. >Fire of Ring -2, (pay for burn if your burn fell off -1), Pentagram -14 (behind mage), Attack with mage (try to burn) and gain mana for Pentagram.

Option: 2.
T1: 19. Mana Crystal -5, Mana Crystal -5,
T2: 20. BF -8 b2, Mana Siphon -12 a2?
T3: 11.  >Ring of Curses -1, Firefist Brawler -4 Chains of Agony -2, (I like this option, but the enemy mage may not be in range)
T4: 15. >Leather Chausses -1, Pentagram -14, Guard/Atk.

Mage: (Equipment and enchantments that I'm trying to equip each game).
Cloak of Fire, Adramelech's Torment, Demonhide Armor (or Burning Cuirass if you want a cheaper option), Leather Chausses, Ring of Curses, Fireshaper Ring, Veteran's Belt, Circle of Fire, Regrowth Enchantment, Theft of Life, Lash of Hellfire,

Damage: (How do I deal damage).
-Cast Adramelech's Touch + Arcane Ward then Burn.
-Creature: Cast a Dark Pact Slayer + cheaper fire attack creaturs.
-Small amount of  mana denial (Mana Siphon).

Survival: (How do I stay alive).
-Vamperism: Demonhide Mack + Adramelech ability, Demonic Link, Thief of Life, Regrowth ench,
-Armor: 3 armor + Vet Belt,
-Others: Blur (for when you need to leave), Making it painful to attack you mage, Debilitate/Altar of Infernia (Since the Fire Ring and Demonic Link are the only melee +X), Channeling powerhouse; 15  in total (2-mana crystal, bf, mana spihon, pen),

Other Thoughts
-Imp Familiar = Curse + Firestream.(I use Firestream since it cost only 2 mana once you gain the mana on the Pentagram).
-Adramelech Warlock = Guard often, keep your creatures alive (since most people don't want to attack you and get get burned, (possible forever)). [/size]
-Multiply Incorporeal conjurations: Most mages have a limited number of ethereal attacks to having both the Mana Siphon & Pentagram means he has to choose. (on a side note, I like to tanglevine the turn after dropping the Pentagram 2 zones away for the enemy mage since the change of him having a range 2 attack spell is small).
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest
Kill with Tanglevine

drmambo23

• Ambassador
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: Adramelech Warlock Burning Pinata: Experimental Opening
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 07:26:21 AM »
I like your ideas. Its always fun to see new openings and workings for mages!  :)

I am a fan of firefist brawler. With a marked for death he rolls 3 dice and all you want is atleast 1 crit. Chains of agony and magebane ate good choices too since they add direct damage and still give him 2 dice, doubleing the burn chance.

I like mana siphon. I used it in my last necromancer book in a tourney.  I agree that making the opponents choices tough, mage, bf, pent, siphon, but could you get the same effect with enchantmwnt that causes upkeep +2? Sure it doesnt last forever, but you Saves some sbps and could combo that with rise again if they want to destroy the creature?

Anyways, i like the ideas! Im excited to see the whole book amd see it in action!
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
https://www.instagram.com/pistillidesigns/
Instagram and Facebook - @pistillidesigns

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 03:05:26 PM »
This is a pretty cool idea! I would love to see a book for it. A few thoughts i had while reading.
1) would you put a grey wraith in? It sort of capitalizes a little more on lack of ethereal.
2) i would highly recommend twin fireball. You can get more burns, 2 mana on the pentagram and the damage is decent against cursed enemies.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 03:07:15 PM by Coshade »

Werekingdom

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2017, 03:14:04 PM »
I like your ideas. Its always fun to see new openings and workings for mages!  :)

I am a fan of firefist brawler. With a marked for death he rolls 3 dice and all you want is atleast 1 crit. Chains of agony and magebane ate good choices too since they add direct damage and still give him 2 dice, doubleing the burn chance.

I like mana siphon. I used it in my last necromancer book in a tourney.  I agree that making the opponents choices tough, mage, bf, pent, siphon, but could you get the same effect with enchantmwnt that causes upkeep +2? Sure it doesnt last forever, but you Saves some sbps and could combo that with rise again if they want to destroy the creature?

Anyways, i like the ideas! Im excited to see the whole book amd see it in action!

Hello drmambo23,

I agree that the Mana Drain maybe a better option as far as sbp and mana, but the point of having the Mana Siphon was to keep the Pentagram alive longer (gain more value). If I was running the Arraxian Crown Warlock with a curse heavy deck then I would say that mana drain can be a great choose.

I do like the idea of Mana Drain and then Raise Again, but it fits poorly with this deck. The Risen creature would have the slow trait, so you would find it hard to gain mana for the Pentagram.
Kill with Tanglevine

Werekingdom

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2017, 03:40:28 PM »
This is a pretty cool idea! I would love to see a book for it. A few thoughts i had while reading.
1) would you put a grey wraith in? It sort of capitalizes a little more on lack of ethereal.
2) i would highly recommend twin fireball. You can get more burns, 2 mana on the pentagram and the damage is decent against cursed enemies.

Hey Coshade,

1) I may try the Grey Wraith, but I was trying to gain a channeling advantage, so the +1 upkeep can hurt in the early game. He seems like a early to mid game creature. Saying that, having another ethereal attack is always a good thing.

2) Twin Fireball is ok, I'll probably take 1 or 2 for the 0-1 range, but I prefer the Volley of Flame.
I usually get the Vet Belt early so the damage in minimal, plus if you get burned then you can gift it to someone else. It's also unavoidable (I'm thinking of casting Firebrand Imp and Unstable Fire Imp from the Pentagram, so there is little to no change of them getting hurt).
Kill with Tanglevine

drmambo23

• Ambassador
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2017, 04:26:39 PM »
The point about being the ac warlock for that trick is fair.

And as far as grey wraith goes and getting an advantage, if you are facing a channel 9 mage, you play mana siphon they are at 7. You play grey wraith you are essentially at 8. You already double crystal so you are now at 10. Most mages only play 1 mana crystal, from my experience. So if they have 1 out then you have them at 8 after its all said and done. So they have a crystal/ flower and are at 8. You have double crystal and are at 10. Still advantageous if you ask me. And if they are a channel 10 mage then they are still only at 9 after the siphon, if they have channel +1.  Now they have to worry about the wraith, gram, and mana siphon on top of avoiding getting burned!  Hope that wasnt too hard to follow :/

But on top of that you have a teleporting incorporel creature that can weak. :)

And i am all for twin fireball in pemtagram books. It has done wonders in my games, especially if sersiryx casts it. He makes it 1 or more less mana, yousave your main action, and can get 2 mana on the gram. Not sure if you use him, though.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
https://www.instagram.com/pistillidesigns/
Instagram and Facebook - @pistillidesigns

Beldin

• The Craziest
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2017, 07:40:47 AM »

I agree with this. +1

Also this has sparked an idea for one of my own books. Thanks dude.