March 29, 2024, 03:07:53 AM

Author Topic: the book that the priest is holding in his card art?  (Read 5346 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
the book that the priest is holding in his card art?
« on: July 23, 2017, 08:56:09 PM »
Is that a holy equipment that hasn't been released yet? It occurred to me just now that he's the only non-academy mage that's holding a book in his card art. So far we've got two book equipments: libro mortuos and mordok's tome. what's with the one in the priest's card art that never appeared in the set and no one ever seems to have talked about or even noticed? Is it an actual spell which we might see in the future?
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
Re: the book that the priest is holding in his card art?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 09:06:06 PM »
Well Sike noticed it. The priest "reads from the book of Malakai" when he sets people on fire. I would also be interested in what that is though!
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
I love this game. Its awesome!

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 03:42:58 PM »
What if that is simply his own book and he won't have to cast it and nobody else is able to?

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 07:42:54 PM »
What if that is simply his own book and he won't have to cast it and nobody else is able to?

Doubt it. He's the only arena mage with a book in his hands, and other arena mages have spells in their card art. Oftentimes something in the mage card art which wasn't released in it's set gets released in a later set instead. Its too much of a coincidence that the malakai priest, of all the arena Mages, is the only one with a book in his card art.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 05:33:32 AM »
You know, religious people often have a book. (Bible, Qur'an) It doesn't have to be a magic book. He might as well quote phrases to his opponents while burning them. Condemning them to hell.

Also, not every equipment on mage art is going to be released. ;)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.