April 19, 2024, 10:56:56 PM

Author Topic: Which Force Master Academy Card?  (Read 3939 times)

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
Which Force Master Academy Card?
« on: June 25, 2017, 01:14:42 PM »
So now that those admirable chaps from Arcane Duels have show us the entire set which card or cards from Academy: Force Master are you most looking forward to?

My pick is Galvanize as I play Holy a lot more than I do Mind. I'm thinking FM may become my Academy mage though so Force Daggers gets the pick puck in that case.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Which Force Master Academy Card?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 02:01:02 PM »
I already have the set. :P

Hmm. TBH I'm not sure which card I like most. I really do like the cloak that gives piercing -2, and the force bolt, and basically everything involving the invisible trait. Those force gremlins are really cool.

TBH Im still not sure the academy fm needed dsjer tet training. People cited the need for more creatures, but I suspect she could probably pull off a buddy build or a force swarm just fine without the dsjer tet creatures. I'm probably just not very familiar with her yet though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

• Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

farkas1

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 03:14:45 PM »
Yea my number one pick has to be lesser invisibility as far as excitement level.  Again this card with goblin bombers is super exciting.  It also has a lot of combo potential and defensive potential for squishy creatures. 

A close second has to be telekinetic bomb along with siphon energy.  There is some potential to deal some crazy damage comboing with attack spells, traps ect. 

Siphon energy and galvanize are utility spells that I think everyone runs from now on imo.   

After that I feel for certain builds desperate focus and jeweled scarab are instant additions to swarm or buddy build books depending on your focus. 

This set for being primarily force master/ mind  only cards has a suprising amount of cards for different mages. 
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 03:51:23 PM »
I'm by far most interested in all the force constructs and all cards involving these dissipate traits. Not really 1 card in particular.  It really gives the forcemaster the much needed thematic variation and utility. Solo forcemaster has some clear weak spots and I'm tired of seeing the same buddy/DOT forcemasters. Mind's eye gave thoughtspore a new life too though. :)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 03:55:01 PM by Halewijn »
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2017, 03:54:49 PM »
Redistributed Power for 7 dice Invisible Stalker along with Symbiotic Orb to keep him alive.

Galvanize to flip the bird at anyone who's trying to slam me.

Mind Seize for extra attacks on unsuspecting foes.

Also very excited to build an Academy Forcemaster.

drmambo23

• Ambassador
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2017, 09:30:20 AM »
Im most looking forward jeweled scarab for my necromancer, tge elusive pants for a fm, and the force gremlins as creatures. Those are going to be annoying as hell! Lesser invis is also up there for an enchantment i want to make fun plays with!

Every card in here is awesome and i cant wait to see what books people make with them!
https://www.instagram.com/pistillidesigns/
Instagram and Facebook - @pistillidesigns

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2017, 01:10:47 PM »
Mind Seize seems incredibly strong on paper. Like a reverse attack but so much better.

The arena Forcemaster is certainly getting a boost.
I can see her run a single big outta-school and then supplement with the new quickcast creatures with the option of engaging the enemy even faster.

Knabbmaster

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2017, 05:18:09 AM »
I think that lesser invisibility will be the strongest arena card. since if you time it with initiative you can play a second one during qc before they can nullify or kill the creature you are protecting. With six copies of it in your spellbook and each one saving the creature for two rounds you could guarantee that it lives for twelve rounds total. 
Like imagne a thoughtspore with dissolve, minor heal, sleep or teleport on it.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer

shapeshifter

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2017, 05:29:26 PM »
Im very excited for combining Desperate Focus with Force Armor, and combining Shifratar with illusionary Leggings.

drmambo23

• Ambassador
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2017, 10:43:00 AM »
I think a siren using lesser invis on a shaman in a deptone swarm would be pretty sweet!
https://www.instagram.com/pistillidesigns/
Instagram and Facebook - @pistillidesigns